Love

Love

A Story by Balance

Prom 2014, 
 The students were gathered at their designated tables, while a slide show played of high school memories on big screen in the background. "Don't you want to turn around? Your're missing the pictures." "I have everything I need right in front of me", Lou replied, as he smiled at her. Their eyes were locked, and a burning passion was felt between them, as if for that moment they were the only ones there. Lou and Reese had shared love with each other for the past few years of their high school lives. They were both seniors with only a week left of high school, and their whole lives in front of them.
As years passed Lou and Reese found themselves drifting apart, as Lou was an aspiring musician, and Reese attended law school. The two saw each other less and less, as they had busy schedules and their lives took different routes. It seemed as if both parties were holding on to a dying love, which caused their relationship to feel forced at times. 
One Saturday morning Lou woke up from a text from Reese saying, "Meet me at the coffee shop on the corner? I have something to say." Lou pretty much knew what to expect from that as their relationship just wasn't the same anymore. When he arrived Reese was sitting alone in a booth, with a saddened look upon her face. Lou sat down across from her and smiled, as past memories of all the beautiful moments they shared flashed in his head. She looked back at him nervously, and spoke; "Listen Lou, something terrible happened," she continued as she began to cry. "My father was found dead in his apartment this morning, doctors think it was a heart failure or something. Look, I know things have been different between us, but I need you now more than ever." Lou reached out his hand to comfort her, as she placed hers inside it. Even though they had been drifting Lou knew she needed him. At this very moment Lou had a realization; love isn't just the passionate attraction you feel when you first fall into it, it's much deeper. Love can be attachment free, from all passions. Love sometimes just means being there for the ones you care about. Lou looked into her eyes sternly and said, "Reese, yes things have been different between us lately, but that's okay. I realized just now that even though we're not crazy about each other anymore as we were as kids, I still love you. And maybe that's just part of maturing, and growing old with the ones you care about, you have to realize you become more than just two bodies attracted to each other." Reese looked back at him as tears streamed down her face, she knew Lou would be there for quite awhile, and that there was nothing to worry about, ever. From then on Lou and Reese became closer than ever before, and shared an everlasting friendship.

© 2016 Balance


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its beautiful story...very well written...i love the concept of how you make a passionate young love into a friendship that lasts forever...
I don't know where i read this... "Love is just friendship set on fire"....i thought it suits well for your story...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Balance

8 Years Ago

Thank you I'm glad you liked it

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
1 Review
Added on April 22, 2016
Last Updated on April 23, 2016

Author

Balance
Balance

Detroit, MI



About
Musician,songwriter,poet more..

Writing
The Self The Self

A Poem by Balance