Am I Normal?

Am I Normal?

A Story by Valtameri
"

I was going through some old stories of mine and came across this one. I didn't like the story itself too much but I really enjoyed re reading this short piece. I thought you all might enjoy it.

"

Excerpt


Many believed that people are at their most beautiful in life but I say otherwise, beauty is only found in death. The way the skin grayed and bloated it was as if the dead were merely transforming into something more intricate then the living. It was beautiful because it was ugly, like butterflies in their cocoons. To transcend this lowly world of dogs, to upheave to something greater.

‘The darkness guides me through the pain, the light just emphasizes it.’ I could hear Bondevik’s words in my mind, his light voice fluttering down on my ears as if whispering to me; it was calming in a sense so I smiled. The day we’d spoken about life and death was one I loved to reminisce about. Although Bondevik was schizophrenic he was not lost nor confused, he was enlightened I like to think, no�"I knew for a fact that he’d outdone us all in wits. He saw things that should never be seen, I was slowly beginning to doubt what was real and what was fake, the pale walls of this place made me feel like I was repeating myself, the only thing that kept me going was the idea of seeing Bondevik’s face, it kept me awake.

 It kept me alive.

 

End of Excerpt

© 2015 Valtameri


Author's Note

Valtameri
Think nothing of this, it will not be continued, just an old piece.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on October 17, 2015
Last Updated on October 17, 2015
Tags: Life, death, schizophrenia, hospital, doctor, patient, beautiful