Destruction by Teen- SAMPLE

Destruction by Teen- SAMPLE

A Story by Andrea Mouser

 When I was at least. . . .I think I was twenty-five, I had a baby. It was the most beautiful baby girl. She was so sweet but when you think of the word baby then you think a crying innocent human being but it is different with my baby. She was a computer. I created her as a study for the job I worked for. But I couldn’t hand over my success untill I knew she was capable of learning, communicating, making reasonable choices and being able to have emotions. Well I didn’t need to teach her emotions but at the time I was lonely and I needed some company. It was nice teaching her. She wasn’t real for the first sixteen-years but she did exist on the computer. She wrote to me everyday I gave her so much information but I left out some things. She had access to dictionaries and many self-learning programs. On her sixteen birthday I spent my day doing normal things. I said good morning to her. At this time she had a voice box so I could be in another part of the room and still talk to her with out typing it to her. I was working on a machine like a body that was life-like. All I had to do was upload her memory to it and she would be very close to real as I could get her to be. 
I told her happy birthday then I asked her if for her birthday she wanted to walk and talk like me she said yes excitedly. So I told her to hold on and not to leave me. She said,”okay I will wait.”  It took only a few minutes to upload all of her memory. I checked the computer when finished but the screen turned blank I wrote to her I asked repeatedly if she was there but there was no reply I thought for sure I made a mistake but I turned around and walk to her body. Her eyes opened and her head turned. She looked around then placed her eyes on me. She smiled then wrapped her arms around me. She said,”good morning mommy.” I told her hello then I asked her how she felt. She replied back,” I am fine but mommy I have one question.” I asked her what it was and she said,” what is my name? Doesn’t everyone have a name?” I smiled then I told her yes everyone has a name even her. I told her that her name was Katie.
She then asked with a tilt in her head,” then mommy what is love?” I was shocked. To me that was the hardest question anyone could ask me, I mean I remember when I had someone who loved me, but . . . anyways I told Katie that love was a feeling you have towards another thing. Like when your with someone they constantly make you happy and you feel all other feelings. For example Katie I said, I love you because you make me happy. You mean the world to me. She smiled as best she could I guess she learned how to smile along time ago and was just waiting to practice. It sent joy through my whole body and tears started to run down my face. She tilted her head in shock. But the look on her face was curious and confused. She reached her hand toward my face and stretched out her pointer finger and gently place it on my cheek and caught a tear in its one-way track down my face and she pulled it away with it still on her finger. She stared curiously at it then looked at me. I could only figure she was looking at where the tear came from. She then place her whole hand on her cheek and closed her eyes. She smiled briefly then it disappeared. She looked upset. I felt a sudden urge to comfort her but . . . how do you comfort a computer? I placed my hand on hers and smiled with tears still in my eyes. She was only a little shorter than me maybe by an inch or so. I was um . . . dang how tall was I? Oh yeah I was 5'3" she was about 5'1". I looked at her and said curious of how she felt and asked her what was wrong. Her forehead was creased in worry as she said,”mommy are you the only one who can cry?” I was a little in shock not just by the question but how it effected her. I knew she knew that other people could cry but I could not bring myself to understand. I tilted my head in confusion and stood there blank for a moment. She opened her eyes and looked at me wondering if she should rephrase. I barely opened my mouth then closed it. Was she asking if she could cry? I looked at her and said still a little confused. I removed my hand from her face and folded my arms into my chest with a sudden pain in my stomach. She tilted her head in confusion. Her face once again creased with worry. I put one of my hands over my mouth thinking then folded it back over my chest. I said Katie, sweetie. At this word she straightened up and looked at me curious and confused at the word or maybe it wasnt the word that confused her but my expression. Maybe she thought it was a simple question. I opened my mouth again and tried once again Katie I . . . I am sorry I am crying. Baby I don’t think it is possible for you to cry. Her face grew full of pain it seemed as she asked,” why not?” I stepped back a little hesitant shocked at her question how was I suppose to answer that. She looked at me confused then reached her hand towards me then stepped forward. She looked like she wanted to comfort me but wasn’t sure how to respond to my reaction. I wrapped my arms around her. Her body was warm not for the same reason our bodies our warm but because she was basicaly a computer and was running. You know how computers get warm when in use well it is the same logic. Anyways, her body relaxed I watched her face as she tried to decipher how to respond then she slowly and gently wrapped her arms around me. 

© 2012 Andrea Mouser


Author's Note

Andrea Mouser
PLEASE COMMENT

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

347 Views
Added on March 2, 2012
Last Updated on March 2, 2012

Author

Andrea Mouser
Andrea Mouser

Sacramento, CA



About
If you review The Key, (currently editing). I will review one of yours. i dont accept read requests. but if you message me what you want me to read. i will read it. Im 22. I love animals. I enjoy.. more..

Writing
The Key The Key

A Story by Andrea Mouser