Sink Into The Sky.

Sink Into The Sky.

A Poem by Michael

    I was once hypnotized by the reflection of rains ascension backwards, it seemed to have overwhelmed these senses of mine for but only a moment. The deeper I stared between visions of black and white the farther I lost myself chasing the rivers of scattered oceans, I was submerged against the idea of such trivial pursuits. Driven past the the reason of logic, I have found myself humbled within a trance.
    With every path created another destroyed, I discovered the irony through such a lovely situation. I have lost countless seconds stolen by what has now become a necessity. If not for the assurance of the rains subtlety, what has been mistaken for normality has changed course to what is now known as abstract simplicity. Perfection in the form of a broken beauty, shelter to the wandering cold, protector of innocence.
    Fall with me.
    Imagine we were inseparable, take advantage of such realities, imagine we were restless. Age with significance, love with meaning, the time has come for decisions, take control. Let us invade the memories that changes no one, travel along a path recently followed, forget the risks of washing on shore alone. Surround the haunted dreams of thoughts swept beneath the sea, bottle the empty screams of whispers carried through the breeze, forgive the kind of life never meant to be. Sink into the sky with me.
    Contemplation occurs in a matter of minutes, we are all pointless. Prescribe the medication appointed to such a condition as this, bleed my sorrows. I just want to believe in us, what price must I pay to restore the balance. The rain has come to a sudden halt, the meek images extracting poison from such isolated hearts has let up. Are those clouds harboring the bay, distractions to lead our forever astray I suppose.
    Answers exchanging words with the breeze, sunsets autumn glow passes as we pour our hearts to empty bottles who's ships have fled the seas. To question sanity is to rummage between two complex realities, individual battles of worlds that can never coexist. All that is left after such a calm storm of bitter resentment, is the silence.
    I will force a smile to cover the hate that burrows with roots deeper than flesh, forgiving to all I have lost. Pertaining to the reflections, I believe that the morning will collapse and become undone, exposing the cruelty of time, we will all relapse. Maybe its time for a change, should her world offer a greater solution. The vagueness in her tone of voice admitting the settling of peace through blind ignorance.
    Perhaps I will wait for her, until then I will allow the rain to change course granting her world the caressing nature of warmth. For the time being I will shelter the cold, and in these moments I treasure the rain. With hope that this is only the beginning, this suffering will be but temporary compared to a lifetime of sorrows and regrets. And until we meet again, a casket will be the only obstacle that can contain a love such as this, a funeral is the only thing keeping both of us apart.
 

© 2014 Michael


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The sadness is ever present towards the end. I can feel the pain growing as the reflection went on. The beginning was as if a pondering of sorts was taking place and let into the pain that is loss. The detailed emotion was phenomenal. The expressive nature in your words were perfectly placed, leading me to cling to every word. Very well done. One thing that I would suggest to look over is the punctuation. There were quite a few commas where periods should be, but the piece itself was amazing. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 11, 2014
Last Updated on September 11, 2014