A Prison Life

A Prison Life

A Story by Michael Kikle

Everyday I waste my time in this scum-infested place. Waiting to be released. My freedom should be here soon. I can feel it slowly approaching my cold room.



This place could be considered hell itself. I feel like a slave.



Trapped.



Alone.



Depressed.



Unimportant.



The food is either cold and moist or burnt dry and inedible. The bathrooms are absolutely the most disgusting thing I have ever set foot inside! The janitors take REAL pride in their work- that’s obviously shown in all the grime and filth developed in the floor.



These walls have scribblings and other mini-posts- as I like to call them- from the other slaves this place contains. We are all held back from our freedom.



You are monitored from every angle you could possibly imagine. Day-in and day-out; they watch you carefully. Making sure you can’t escape or even think about it. Other slaves and prisoners will watch you when you don’t even realize it. They all have that same evil, conniving look. It literally burns a whole through you, especially when you don’t return the stare in their direction. The “Death Stare,” if you don’t mind me saying, will be the death of you if you aren’t careful.


If you, however, choose to stare back in their Neanderthalic way, be ready for trouble. Its coming head on. Whether that is being jumped, beaten-up, or even killed, it will be coming from those monsters.


Be ready.


Every person thinks they are so tough and invincible here. No one is rock solid, believe me. Some are just stupid enough to bother with other cellmates. I would actually call them slow-minded, considering how they stutter and use their insults and mouths to cause trouble. Like I said before, though, you cant always tell who is being truthful in their words.


No man made by God’s hands are invincible. They just don’t think like the average person; therefore, they don’t care what happens to them. Let those men suffer. They aren’t crucial to life and the world is better without them, anyway.


My point of this is that if you want to make it home, don’t return the stare. If you follow that one, tiny step, you will be home soon- alive and well.


God, I hate school.

© 2014 Michael Kikle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh, wow the ending got me. That was great! And sadly, very accurate!
One thing I caught I thought I'd point out was the sentence "It literally burns a whole through you..." I think you meant "hole".
Didn't catch anything else. Be careful not to use commas as a crutch too much. I fall into that cycle a lot too. They can be pretty comfortable to use, but when used too much, it, gets, to, be, very, sloppy. Just let your story flow as it does, and it flows very well!
Enjoyed this. Well done :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Kikle

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the editing recommendations! This is one of the first things I wrote, so I'm uploading.. read more



Reviews

I absolutely LOVED the twist in this. It made me laugh and the descriptions were great. I know this story is pretty old by now, but I was looking up research on stories about prison and I was welcomed to this. My only word of advice would be to give as much in some of the one or two sentence paragraphs as you do in the longer ones to even it out. Overall I really liked it!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Oh, wow the ending got me. That was great! And sadly, very accurate!
One thing I caught I thought I'd point out was the sentence "It literally burns a whole through you..." I think you meant "hole".
Didn't catch anything else. Be careful not to use commas as a crutch too much. I fall into that cycle a lot too. They can be pretty comfortable to use, but when used too much, it, gets, to, be, very, sloppy. Just let your story flow as it does, and it flows very well!
Enjoyed this. Well done :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Michael Kikle

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the editing recommendations! This is one of the first things I wrote, so I'm uploading.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

268 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 19, 2014
Last Updated on July 19, 2014
Tags: michael, kikle, g., gary, kelley, daily, nightmare, truth, hope, love, teen, teens, teenager, teenagers, school, work, job

Author

Michael Kikle
Michael Kikle

Roanoke, VA



About
Hello, my name is Michael G. Kelley (also known as "Michael Kikle" on YouTube). I love to write, yet struggle with continuing projects. I love to talk, so my YouTube channel is filled with thought vid.. more..

Writing