Ashes to ashes.

Ashes to ashes.

A Story by MichaelM
"

Twenty men land on a snowy planet, with a twist.

"
Ashes to ashes.

 After years of travel the 20 explorers had finally reached their destination, a far away planet beyond our galaxy.  They were the last of the humans, Earth was destroyed during their journey.  As they checked the monitors they tested the air quality, all was well.

    The captain, a short, stocky man opened the doors to the outside it was snowing.  In the years leading up to the destruction of Earth there was no snow, the men were ecstatic at the sight.  They piled out of the tiny ship and opened their mouths to the snow as it landed on their tongues and slithered down their throats. Unfortunately the ship had crashed into the planet destroying every last supply except for a gallon of water and a pistol.

    Shortly after the arrival the men began to drink the little water they had left, the captain  he scolded the men for being stupid and drinking the water.  After days and days on end without food and very little water the men devised a plan, kill the captain and take his secret stash of supplies.  They grabbed the pistol and shot him, at point blank range, in the back of the head.  There was no extra stash...

    The men were dying off quickly with no one to lead them they took matters into their own hands battering and killing each other. Some men went to go find water they died as well, numerous attempts to melt the snow into drinkable water had failed, as the planet was too cold.  Then a sound arose from the mountains the men went to go see, the ground covered in snow was hard to walk on,  when they reached the top they saw an enormous factory billowing out ash in incredible quantity's.  This planet they landed on, it was their own, and the snow was the ash of humans being burnt and turned into fuel.
   

© 2012 MichaelM


Author's Note

MichaelM
My very first story, ever.
Honest criticism is wanted, what can I do better?
Thanks for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
Added on September 16, 2012
Last Updated on September 16, 2012
Tags: Snow, Alien, Science fiction, MichaelM, Ash, Planet, Twist

Author

MichaelM
MichaelM

Las Vegas, NV



About
I like to write, to read, and to sit around and think. Why? I have nothing better to do. more..