Not Content

Not Content

A Poem by belle
"

It hurts...and I understand the circumstances

"

It’s says I’m available.  Why can’t you see that?  All I’ve wanted for the past seventy-six days is for you to recognize that I’m here…for you.  After that night I couldn’t get you off my mind, and I still can’t.  You’re a f*****g parasite.  I can’t stand you.  But I want so badly for you to want me.  In your bed again.  I was shaking so violently.  But that’s because you make me nervous.  Terrifyingly nervous.  But that’s a good thing.  I like being nervous and vulnerable…in certain situations.  Like this one.  With you.  I did things I’ve never done before.  Like talk about my demons.  Out loud.  And you talked about yours.  And I’m glad this first was with you.  Because like I said on that night, I trust you and you trust me.  It all works out.  Except for everything that doesn’t.  Like your condition, and my condition—meaning our mental states.  We’re not sane.  But that’s what’s so wonderful.  Let’s be crazy together.  You can tame the lions and I’ll be the acrobat.  Flipping over and over for you. 

© 2008 belle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

One of my favorites that I've read so far. So emotional, & the dialogue style adds to the overall content. I think almost everyone can relate to it.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
1 Review
Added on February 25, 2008
Last Updated on February 26, 2008

Author

belle
belle

NY



About
I'm a dreamer, a lover, terrible speller and an emotionless wreck. more..

Writing
Life vs. Death Life vs. Death

A Story by belle


The Bearded Lady The Bearded Lady

A Story by belle