Shiraz

Shiraz

A Poem by belle

Your red wine stains my lips because you thrive on drinking that five-dollar burgundy.  It’s not even red or burgundy that outlines and enhances the cracks of winter ware on these siren-like features.  More of a purple-blue I’d say; similar to a corpse with a heart as cold as yours.  Funny how two thin lines of flesh can become a welcoming, a lover’s lust, a whistler’s instrument, a chew toy and all too often a gateway towards a past, present or future you’d rather disregard.  So much power in such a tiny being.  With a simple color change or reconfiguration I know our future.  At first ours were plump, warm and pink with a lewd and grotesque appetite for love.  As time went on I could tell you hadn’t been using Chapstick.  We were falling apart at the lips where things used to be so connected.  But as I tear off the old flakes the stain goes away and a layer of tender skin appears.  It’s aching with resentment and curiosity as to what will make them sear.  It’s the salty sweat of lovers and oh how I've missed that sensation.

© 2008 belle


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on April 4, 2008
Last Updated on May 20, 2008

Author

belle
belle

NY



About
I'm a dreamer, a lover, terrible speller and an emotionless wreck. more..

Writing
Life vs. Death Life vs. Death

A Story by belle


The Bearded Lady The Bearded Lady

A Story by belle