Sixty Seconds

Sixty Seconds

A Story by Crimson Bayonet
"

The brief thought process of a man as he faces his death.

"

What would you do if you had sixty seconds left to live? 


According to some, your life flashes before your eyes within moments of your dying breath. The people you loved, hated, admired, respected. The situations you've endured, lived, enjoyed, despised. Feelings of all kinds burst in your chest; love, hate, fear, pain, joy, worry. Within the last seconds of your life, you experience all again in a dazed dream; in a state of numbness.


For me, the last sixty seconds of my life ended once I fell through the window. As the glass shattered and time had slowed down, I knew my life was over. Done.


My life never flashed before my eyes as others had claimed. I felt no feeling, no fear, no pain. I didn't remember the ones I loved, the ones I hated, the ones I admired and respected. I never saw the situations I've endured, lived, enjoyed. I guess my I never deserved the whole “dazed dream” other people had experienced.


As I fell off the window, I heard the people below me scream and scrabble out noises. Sirens screamed shrilly in the distance, cameras fluttered, and the person in front of me stared at me with dead eyes. I suppose I should’ve thanked her, but by then it was too late. Her green eyes had brightened with fear and shock. Expected, really.


The hot sun shot me with its glare of sunlight, but I awed at the heavenly glow. The wind was cool and loving, as if catching me in an embrace. I saw the girl grow into a tiny speck as I fell; her screams ringing in my ears. I felt the ground crumble my back and body. Darkness washed over my vision; my senses dimmed. Voices echoed and varied; vague memories swam through my mind. But none had any effect on me.


What would you do if you had sixty seconds left to live? According to some, your life flashes before your eyes within moments of your dying breath. However, not all get the same experience. I suppose what they say is true.


Ain't life a b***h.

© 2015 Crimson Bayonet


Author's Note

Crimson Bayonet
Reviews and comments welcomed. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What would you do if you had sixty seconds left to live?
A question that reminds me to l appreciate what I have and learn how to live in the moment.
hehe I enjoyed reading this !
-Beyourself

Posted 9 Years Ago


Crimson Bayonet

9 Years Ago

Thank you for the review Beyourself! Greatly appreciate it :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Added on March 19, 2015
Last Updated on March 26, 2015
Tags: fiction, nonsense

Author

Crimson Bayonet
Crimson Bayonet

Within the depths of Inferno, AZ



About
If there are two things I hate in this world, it's cockroaches and crying babies. Well, a crying baby cockroach would truly be horrifying...Nonetheless, that's the main points you should probably reme.. more..

Writing
World Map World Map

A Chapter by Crimson Bayonet