Fragile Line

Fragile Line

A Story by Michelle Farren
"

This isn't a story but i had to choose a type of writing in order to post this. This is going to be an inspirational piece about people who go through very hard times after a bad breakup.

"
After a bad breakup or divorce, you're usually left with a lot of mental scars, bruises, and cuts. Hopefully there aren't any physical ones. A lot of times after losing someone that you're so used to being around and spending time with, you aim to find someone to fill that void right away just so you don't feel lonely. After a bad breakup or divorce, its a really good idea to spend a lot of time with familiar faces such as close family and friends. During this fragile time, you shouldn't let anyone new into your life. You should also be spending time with yourself during this time, even more time than you've ever spent alone before. This is the time where you must figure out your self worth and happiness within yourself. This is a very crucial time to be able to realize that you don't need to rely on others to make yourself happy. As I said, its a good time to be around close family and friends for the love, support, and encouragement they give you, but at the end of the day, who should be the one responsible for your happiness? You. You're the one who has to be able to mentally grow and when it comes down to it, you should be able to rely on yourself to feel fully content. 


Don't rush into another relationship either! You cant put your all in and enter a new one while you're not completely healed of your previous wounds. Its not fair to you and the other person because you wont be able to excel and flourish the way you want to in the new relationship. I want you to view yourself as a marathon runner. You can't enter a new race meanwhile you still have cuts, sprains, and bruises from a previous one because these things will either stop you or slow you down. In every relationship, there is always going to be new hurdles to jump, and if you're still in pain, there's no way you'll be able to get past and jump over those new
 obstacles. Even if you do get past a few of them, at some point you wont be able to go on and you'll feel distraught at what to do from that point on because you'll feel as if you're in too deep and that you have to either give up and go back to the start (which complicates things) or limp your way to the end. If you're struggling to get to the end, you wont be able to cross that finish line confidently and to your best ability. 

My point being, give yourself time to fully heal mentally before making any promises or commitments that will be hard to keep or regretted down the road. Give yourself the time to discover your self worth, happiness, and let your mind and soul alleviate. Once you feel that all of your wounds have fully healed and you can be content being by yourself without having to depend on anyone else for your happiness, go for that new marathon feeling rejuvenated. Let your confidence shine through as you conquer those hurdles and obstacles while racing to the finish line. 

© 2020 Michelle Farren


Author's Note

Michelle Farren
I hope you guys feel inspired (:

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Raj
Nicely written.it was really good to read it.keep up the good work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


that was really amazing!!!!!!! you covered everything a person should do after a bad breakup!!! keep it up :) :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Justin

9 Years Ago

your welcome michelle :) :) keep on writing and i will keep on reading
Michelle Farren

9 Years Ago

Same for you ! Will do :D
Justin

9 Years Ago

thanks :) :) :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

414 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 12, 2014
Last Updated on January 2, 2020
Tags: inspirational, breakup, advice

Author

Michelle Farren
Michelle Farren

NY



About
My name is Michelle Farren. I am 20 years old and have always had a strong passion for writing. I never shared any of my work online before so this will be a first for me. I appreciate any comments or.. more..

Writing