Hell hole

Hell hole

A Story by Mico Arevalo

When will it end? How is every country different from ours? How can we say the each individual is experiencing poverty? In the past 5 years, the Philippines experienced poverty. Every Filipino family blames the government because they are in this state, they blame the government because of minimum wages, and they blame the government because of unemployment, well in fact it is true.
First of all the Philippines experience poverty because of corruption, corruption is, one of the factors why Philippines is at this state. The legislative division controls the money of the people; they control how the money circulates around companies and industries. Next is unemployment, ever since PRRD sat down as president, the rate of unemployment has increased. Numerous fresh college graduates whose skill do not necessarily fit what demand is in the market. Another is, employers has set their requirements, they don’t look for skills and experience rather they look for looks, age, and other necessary requirements. There are numerous jobs but employers forget that they need experience and skillful workers. Lastly is the minimum wages, the TRAIN law was implemented, huge inflation caused Filipinos to protest, minimum wages are already monitored and studied if there are possible increase in salaries. While others are currently raising salaries, many Filipinos are losing their jobs. Wage orders show how much an individual earns within 12-months.
All in all, the government in the Philippines is like a hell hole; corruption does not end, even if Filipinos blame the government, they blame the government because of minimum wages, and unemployment. Filipinos just need to live their lives and blame all to the government. The Filipinos do not realize that they should also be blamed, the Filipinos need to know that excessive spending is one of their habits, they need to know there wants and need. They should also see that they are one of the causes of poverty.

© 2018 Mico Arevalo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is an interesting essay about life in your country. I'm afraid you make many accusations, but you do not present any proof of what you say is happening, so you have a problem with your credibility. Also, sometimes you explain something, but your explanation is too sketchy to understand what you are trying to say. If you want to do this kind of truth writing, you need to practice developing each argument with proof & explaining carefully, not being flippant with fast undeveloped reasons. I also like that you balance your argument out by saying the people have to take some responsibility (which is true in any country), but you do not really explain how the people cause poverty. This is a good start, for trying to do this kind of essay-writing (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 5 Years Ago


The article must have been proofread first.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 28, 2018
Last Updated on July 28, 2018

Author

Mico Arevalo
Mico Arevalo

Quezon City, NCR, Philippines



About
I'm an 18 year old Senior highschool student. I love to read poems. more..

Writing
Abyss Abyss

A Poem by Mico Arevalo