Lasted Picked

Lasted Picked

A Story by The Mid-Day-Moon-Light

"OH MY GOSH!" I screamed from my bedroom, crying hard.

"Come, back here, NOW! We’re not done talking yet!" My mother yelled.

''MOM! Telling me that you want nothing to do with me doesn't change the fact that I LIKE GIRLS. I won’t change just because you don't approve!" I shouted, getting annoyed by the fact that she still wouldn't take the time to try and understand me.

I waited for a bit, trying to get a hold of myself, ' calm down Leah, remember the YouTube videos you saw for the It Gets Better Project,' I thought to myself, and soon my breathing calmed, and the tears stop flowing.

I took out my cell phone and started dialing the number of one of the few people who are still there for me. After two rings, Joey answered in a tired, groggy voice.

''Hello?'' he asked.

''Joey!!'' I yelled into the phone and started crying again. Well there goes my trying I thought

"Leah? Is everything okay?'' Joey asked, his voice cracking as he spoke.

''N-no'' I began to shake. Welcome back panic attack.

''Meet me at Scooper's Ice Cream in 10?'' he asked. Though he made it sound like a question, I knew he was telling me to do so.

I nodded and softly said "Ye-yes'' and hung up. I pulled my legs up to my chest and wrapped my arms around them, seeking comfort.

Eventually, I got up, knowing I needed to get ready to go. I put on a pair of white skinny jeans, some eyeliner, and a plaid blue and white dress shirt. I pulled on my blue and black converse and grabbed my bag before climbing out my window, jumping the last few steps down.

When I got to the restaurant, Katie, Joey, and Tristan were all there. Katie came up to me and wrapped me in a warm, reassuring hug, which was soon followed by hugs from everyone else. I loved my friends; they were all I had left. My mom bailed on me when I was 13, when I came out and told her I like girls. I never told her why I had gone to women, she had never given me time to tell, she just started yelling. I hated my mom for that reason.

I sat down next to Joey at the square table they had saved while Katie and Tristan took the seats across from us. Joey spoke up first, ''Leah, you don't have to put up with this s**t from your mom, I'm betting no one would mind if you moved in with Katie and I.''

''I-I can't, I just can't,'' I said through my tears. If I could, I would have, but I just couldn’t. Besides, Katie and Joey had a lot of siblings to take care of already, they didn’t need another.

"How come?" Joey asked.

"She wil-will call the police and you-your mom and dad will be sent to jail for kidnapping" I said, rubbing my eyes. I looked down at my hands only to see that my eyeliner had smeared all over them.

I wanted so bad not to have to be called a dike by my own mother, it truly hurt. We had been so close, before I came out. I thought she would be fine with it. Turns out I was so wrong.

  I was snapped out of my thoughts by the sound of a familiar voice, a voice that I hadn't heard since I was nine. Could it be..no..it  couldn't. I looked up to see a girl with brown teased hair and green eyes. I wiped my tears off my face. Oh my..Gosh!

''Guys, I'd like you to meet Ashlee. She’s the new kid that moved away a few years ago, but she’s back now. Leah, remember?!" She asked excitedly

"Oh my Gosh," I said, grinning, "you have been missed!" Oh my Gosh, she was so pretty. I got lost in her beautiful green eyes, which had a hint of blue to them when they caught the light.

I got snapped back to the real world when Joey told me to come with him to get the ice cream. I got up and walked with him, and once we were out of ear-shot, he turned to me and asked, ''you like her don't you?"

I punched him playfully in the arm. ''Yeah..so...? It won't matter in the long run anyway, 'cuz they are never into me." I said, with a frown.

''Well, I will tell you what I know about Ashlee...okay let me see...Well she is single, as for if she’s gay or not I don't know. Get to know her and find out cause' you never know!'' He said with a smile.

I laughed and nodded. He was right, I never know, just like I didn't know that my first boyfriend would be my last boyfriend...

*FLASHBACK*

He pushed me up against the wall, making out with me. I wasn't ready to do this, not here, not in the school’s small cleaning closet. Why is he doing this to me? I thought to myself. More than anything, I wanted to push him off and leave, but I just couldn't, he was way stronger then me.

He started striping me down, then he said ''hear me you little s**t? If you tell anyone what I did to you, I WILL KILL YOU.''

I passed out after he yelled that. When I woke up, it was last hour. I quickly got dressed, ran to the bathroom, and hid in there for the rest of the day. I put makeup on my bruises and left with everyone else.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

We got the ice cream and sat back down. I handed Katie hers and we all ate. Soon after, we all left and I went home and went to bed.

© 2013 The Mid-Day-Moon-Light


Author's Note

The Mid-Day-Moon-Light
I'm gonna post this first chapter and see if I get a demand for it

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
Added on January 1, 2013
Last Updated on January 1, 2013
Tags: LBGT

Author

The Mid-Day-Moon-Light
The Mid-Day-Moon-Light

About
I've been writing since 2011 more..