The Blue Eyed Child: The Class Shift (1)

The Blue Eyed Child: The Class Shift (1)

A Screenplay by Midnight's Mistress
"

N/A

"
*Naomi is cleaning Gabriel's study, dusting the top of his desk, making sure not to look at any of the papers. Wearing a very shabby dress, torn at the ends*

G: *enters the den silently, leaving the door open. Dressed in a black suit with a black tie. Lightly coughs*

N: *looks up, seeing Gabriel* Oh, M'Lord, good morning. *curtsies*

G: How are you?

N: I am good, and you, M'lord?

G: I am good, but, nowhere near a Lord.

N: You are a Lord, but please, release me? *still in a curtsy, shaking*

G:  You may stand, handmaiden.

N: *stands, smiling* Thank you, M'Lord.

G: You're welcome.

N: M'lord, what shall you be doing today, since you may do whatever you wish.

G: *claps hands twice* You're right, I can.

*another handmaiden walks in, holding a large velvet dress. Hands it to Gabriel, curtsies, and leaves the way she came*

G: *holds it out to Naomi* Here, take it.

N: *stares at the dress, amazed at the beauty, wanting it but doesn't take it*

G: *stares intently* I believe this is the part where you put it on.

N: *nods rapidly, then leaves. Comes back about five minutes, dress on. The old dress is over her arms, looking more like a curtain. Blushing a deep red* Thank you, Lord Gabriel.

G: You are most welcome

N: *looks down at dress* M'Lord, this dress would look best on a proper Lady.

G: The word "Lady" holds too much meaning.

N: Yes, but still, a woman of higher status should wear this.

G: *smiling mischievously* Well, I am a Lord, and I do have power . . .

N: *eyes widen* M'Lord, you can't be serious!

G: You mean, the turning of you into a Lady? Yes, I am. I will be back momentarily. *leaves and returns a few minutes later with a piece of paper tied with a red ribbon* Please, read it.

N: *takes it slowly, opening it carefully and begins to read it closely*
~
G: You will own the Gardens, The western lake view, the western part of the manor, access to almost every room, and all the affilities in that area.

N: *nods slowly* Are you sure you want me to be a Lady, though?

*the handmaiden from earlier glares at Naomi with a jealous rage*

G: *Glares at the handmaiden with icy cold eyes*

*she leaves, but listens at the door*

G: Yes. I want you to be the mistress of my home. The Lady of Castle Terra.

N: *looks at the door* You didn't need to kick her out, M'Lord . . .

G: She annoyed me. *walks to the desk, sitting* Now, Have you made your choice?

N: *hesitates, then answers* Yes, Lord Gabriel. I . . . I would like to be a Lady.

*a light gasp comes from the door*

G: *leaves, shutting the door this time. Another door slams shut, and distant yelling is heard*

N: *runs as fast as she can to the door and opens it*

G: *alone* Yes?

N; *looks up and down the hallway. The ends of a dress are seen at the end of the hallway, turning the corner* What did you do?

G: *sighes* Promise me something?

N: Yes, M'Lord?

G: Some doors aren't meant to be opened.

N: *nods* I understand, Lord Gabriel.

G: *smiles* Now then, what would you have me call you?

N: *grins* Lady Naomi.

G: May I call you Mimi?

N: You may.

G: Good. Now, let's start out your move by taking all your things to the second master bedroom: your new room.

© 2012 Midnight's Mistress


Author's Note

Midnight's Mistress
(Working on it for two years, but willing to make some improvements. If it sounds awkward at the beginning, this story started as a roleplay between a friend and I between text message.)
(Criticism welcome)

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on March 20, 2012
Last Updated on March 28, 2012
Tags: Lord, handmaiden, greek gods, power