The Blue Eyed Child: Feelings Unravel (3)

The Blue Eyed Child: Feelings Unravel (3)

A Screenplay by Midnight's Mistress

*the chariot starts to move*

N: *wraps arms around Gabriel, not wanting to fall off*

G: *smiles* So, what do the children like?

N: Well, they all love stories. The girls like playing with the dolls we make, and the boys like outdoor games, especially if it's a ball game.

G: Good, because they are all getting new toys and books

*chariot stops at the toymaker shop*

N: *steps out, keeping eyes on toystore, in awe. Goes up to the glass and puts hands on it, reminding both of them of a child*

G: Come on, young one *enters the shop*

N: *shakes head, coming out of the daze long enough to enter*

*HOURS LATER*

G: . . . And have them all sent to my estate *enters the chariot*

N: *follows in quickly behind you*

*chariot starts moving again*

N: Where are we going now, M'Lord?

G: To the Tailors.

N: Are we getting everyone's fabric?

G: No, my seamstress will take care of that *we stop outside the tailors* Come on.

N: *follows you into store, not sure what else to do*

G: Pick any dress you want.

N: *stares, no idea what to do* M'Lord, I can't pick any of these.

G: Then pick more than one. If you have to, pick them all.

N: *looks around and sees a midnight blue dress with a black sash. Holds it up* What do you think?

G: *a bit shocked, looks away* It is your choice.

N: You have an opinion and you are paying. What do you think?

G: I . . . It is improper to give you my opinion.

N: *looks at dress and puts it over my shoulder. Sees another and goes over to it, blushing*

*MANY HOURS AND DRESSES LATER*

G: Are you happy, Mimi?

N: *about nine dresses in my arms, smiling wide* Yes, M'Lord.

*they climb into the chariot and it starts up*

N: *looks down at my dresses, blushing* M'Lord, you have spoiled me too much.

G: No, I haven't done enough to pay you.

N: You, pay me? M'Lord, you have turned me into a Lady, seen things no Lord should see, and spent so much on us. I should be paying you, not the other way around.

G: You have paid me enough. *chariot stops at manor and we step out, going inside*

N: *carrying dresses* How have I paid you?

G: This house is cleaner and organized. *stops at a set of double doors* See if you like your room,

N: *opens the door and gasps*

*A huge silver bed with a blue canopy. a walk in closet only with the hangers, plenty of room for more clothes Naomi could possible imagine having. A fireplace on the war, wood inside but not on fire and paintings of the gods on the walls*

N: *Drops the dresses onto a chair, shocked*

G: the balcony shows all the western gardens and part of the hedge maze *goes to the balcony*

N: *smiles* Then let us greet Artemis *goes to the balcony*

G: *follows the red velvet to the balcony* Yes, of course *looks at the moon with Nadia, then goes to the mirror in the room. Sees Naomi's silluete and smiles*

N: *bends head down and prays to Artemis, looks up at the moon, then looks at Gabriel, smiling*

G: A woman of faith . . . Something I've never been able to accomplish . . .
*the shape of the woman in the mirror is impeccable. Her sultry curves and long, dark hair have a hint of mystery. In what she wears now, you never would have imagined her to be a handmaiden*

N: *blushes a deep red* M'Lord, you flater me too much.

G: *sighes* Mimi, you see me in the mirror *faces gardens* What do you see in the mirror?

N: *smiles* I see a man who has turned from wrong, a boy who has seen what he shouldn't of seen. His long black hair shining in the candlelight. His young eyes gleaming in happiness. Looking too old in his clothes, but also looking as young as the new moon. With his childish smile . . . *sighes lightly, blushing* You never would believe he is a Lord.

G: *looks away, fear stricken. Mutters a prayer to Hades*

N: *thinking she did something wrong, copies you, but to Athena and Artemis*

G: *turns to look at you, with eyes black as ice* I should go . . . I still have one last errand to run.

N: M'Lord, let me come with you, please.

G: Nay. It is no longer your place. Tonight, I sleep with the maids and manservants. It is only right.

N: *wants to come, but decides against it* As you wish, M'Lord *hesitates, then hugs Gabriel, but softly* Get there soon, sleep well, and may Hermes watch over you.

G: I'll need more protection than that . . . *walks to the door* Goodnight, fair maiden. I will see you in the morn.

N: *worried, takes her necklace off and hands it to Gabriel* This should keep you from harm this evening. The necklace was kissed by Artemis, or so the guest said it was. It shall hide and protect you from anything that should trouble you.

G: *accepts the necklace. He puts it around his neck and hides it unher his shirt* Merci . . . Goodnight *shuts the door as he leaves*

N:*to the closed door* Goodnight, Lord Gabriel. *smiles and blows out the candles. Out loud, but barely above a whisper* Hermes, may no harm come to him on his journey *goes to the bed and falls asleep*

*THE NEXT DAY*

*The sun has risen to the top of the sky, high noon. Naomi is in her chambers, wearing the midnight blue dress, brushing her hair out for the first time with a quality brush. Keeps on running her hand through her hair, amazed at how it feels*

*Gabriel returns to the castle, looking for Naomi. Finally, he knocks three times on her door and enters. Seeing her in the bathroom mirror, smiles and bows* Hello, M'Lady

N: *seeing Gabriel in the mirror, blushing at both the comment and the bow* Hello, M'Lord. How was your night at the ranch?

G: Well. It was enthralling, listening to the faithful who I have never cared to before

N: *smiles* It is alright. Atleast you know them better and how we live.

G: *looking over Naomi* Yes. I am beginning to better understand them all . . . *smiles* The new chanbers should be done by now

N: *grins* It shall make many of them both happy and grateful *looking down at the dress* And I as well

G: As was intended. *not clarifying if that was directed at just her or not* Come. Let us see the carpenter's work *walks out the chamber and begins down the spiral staircase*

N: *smiling, follows, trying not to trip on the ends of her dress*

G: *noticing the carefulness of the dress, stops walking* Here. Put your arm over my shoulder

N: *does as he says* Thank you, I'm just not use to such long dresses

G: *lifts Naomi into his arms easily. Continues down the stairwell*

N: *blushes deeply, then snuggles into Gabriel's chest* Thank you

G: You're welcome *pays close attention to the feel of her breathing*

N: *looks up at Gabriel. The torchlight shines in his eyes. Smiles wide, closes eyes, and listens to his heartbeat*

G: *continues down to the bottom of the stairs. Stops and sets her down*

N: *straightens out her dress, still blushing* Thank you, Lord Gabriel

G: You're welcome. It was but nothing *looks at the new chambers* What do you think?

N: *looks around and gasps*

*all around them, new bedding and dressers stand proud and tall. Several hearths warm and lighten the room, the walls painted light blue. It's twice its previous size, easily*

N: *walks around chamber, remembering what it was like before and all the nightmares and bad memories it had given her. Scans the floor, not seeing a single spot for any rats to come out. Walks over to one of the hearths, a tear flowing out*

G: *suddenly very worried* Why do you cry, dear one?

N: *looks at Gabriel, more tears flowing out, eyes full of water and joy, smiling lightly* It's beautiful, the best thing I could ever ask for. *hugs him, trying not to cry on his suit*

G: *holds her close, allowing the tears of joy to penetrate the very air*

N: *looks up at him* Lord Gabriel, you are the holiest man I have ever met. The Gods have truly blessed. you *leans her head back on his chest and closes eyes, tears going away*

G: *inhales sharply*

N: *quickly looks up* What is it? Did I do something wrong?

G: *smiles warmly* No, child. You have done nothing. You just reminded me of something . . .

N: *puzzled* What did I remind you of?

G: Nothing, young one. Nothing at all.

N: *doesn't believe him* Tell me, please.

G: *face becomes very stern* Nothing, child. Ask of me no more questions this evening.

N: *unsatisfied* But-

G: Silence! *turns away* Do not ask me of that again. I am Lord Gabriel. My word is law.

N: *scared, nods* Yes, Lord Gabriel *looks down at feet, lightly trembling*

G: *hurt at his own cruelty* I am sorry, young one . . .

N: *shakes head. Still a bit scared* There is no need for you to be sorry. It was not my place to ask

G: Child, please . . . Do not fear me . . . *turning, puts a hand on her cheek* Not you too . . .

N: *looks up into his eyes. Fear is gone in voice, but not in eyes* I do not fear you, Lord Gabriel

G: You Lie

N: *looks down, trying to prevent eyes from decieving* No I don't.

G: Mimi. Do not lie about lying. I will always know when you are lying.

N: *looks back up, fear almost gone* I am not afraid of you, M'Lord.

G: Hmmm . . . *looks deeply into her eyes* There is still fear in your gaze.

N: *sighes* It is not worth lying . . . Yes, you scared me. When you yelled, it reminded me of when I was little. Your father got mad at me . . . a lot . . . *puts my hand on my back, barely able to feel the scars*

G: My father was a cruel and ruthless man . . . *turns away once more* I would know . . .

N: *smiles lightly* When he was mad at you or some other servant, he didn't just punish them.

G: No . . . He did not . . . It was because of that- *stops abruptly. Starts to half-run up the stairs*

© 2012 Midnight's Mistress


Author's Note

Midnight's Mistress
(Sorry if some scenes are longer than others, I believe that some parts must be in chunks in order to work right)

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on March 28, 2012
Last Updated on March 28, 2012
Tags: Love, Handmaiden, Lord, Greek Gods