Levarian Creation Story

Levarian Creation Story

A Story by Midnight's Mistress
"

This is a Story that my friend Cody wrote me. He gave me permission to post it here, so that all may hear. The ages were originally in a font he created, but Writer's Cafe automatically changes it

"
The Creation Story
The Unknown Age

Legend goes that out of the fires of Chaos was forged Sepphron, who, because of his creation out of Chaos, became the God of Creation.
Sepphron created Sanelle, who he endowed with the power to give life, and he made her his opposite. She became the first Goddess. The Goddess of Life.
Though Sepphron could make Man, and Sanelle could breathe life into their lungs, there was nowhere for them to reside, as the power of a God would surely kill them. So Sepphron created Jentro, who became the God of Nature and creator of Earth.
Now there was life on earth, and protectors. But things grew chaotic, just as Sepphron was. And soon, Man desired the Power of the Gods, and so man turned to make a tower atop the tallest mountain to reach the Gods and gain their power.
Sepphron knew not what to do, and so he created Avarel, the Goddess of Wisdom, who confided in Sepphron to make another God who would control unnatural forces. And so Sepphron also created Levarius, the creator and God of Magic.
Levarius stopped Man from reaching the throne of Sepphron, but still Man tried. They fought wars at the bottom of the mountain to see who could reach the top.
Sepphron understood that the Chaos he was made from was also ailing Man, and so he created one last God, out of Chaos itself. He created Terminia, the God of Destruction and War. Terminia destroyed all of Earth, and Man, and so all of life stopped.
Sepphron created a new system. Jentro created man from the Earth he made anew, and still Sanelle breathed life into them.
Levarius gave them Magic, so that they would never meddle in the affairs of the Gods, and Avarel watched silently, all knowing of their fates.
This was the end of the first age, the name of which was long forgotten, and the beginning of the second age, the age of Birr.
The Age of Birr

In the first age, the Gods had different names. Sepphron was known as Faron, Sanelle as Jesato, Avarel as Dartu, Jentro as Sondot, Terminia as Mirasna, and Levarius as Soronta
Avarel, who played a small part in the creation, was sentenced by Sepphron to teach Man, and so Avarel gave to them the language, which she named Levarian
She also gave them a warning, in the old tongue:
"Mirasna contaminata, sarras, sarras, Mirasna contaminata"
Terminia, who was left out of the creation, soon became irate with Sepphron, who had made the lands and the inhabitants, but failed to mention his role.
So, Terminia used parts of the charred rubble of the Old World and used it to make his own land, north of the Land of Sepphron, which he would rule over.
And so, at that time, the lands became known as Sepphron and Terminia
Sepphron ruled the Lands of the South, and Terminia the Lands of the North.
Man made a capitol to the east, south of a forest, which they named Levarius, and a port city to the south-east, which they named Avarel.
After all was done, Avarel came once more to Sepphron, giving news that Mankind would revolt once more unless they were unified under one leader.
And so, Sepphron created the Four...
Andarial was the oldest, and was gifted by Sepphron himself with the Power to create anything he wanted.
Gabriel was the second child, gifted by Levarius with logic and reason.
Lucian was the third, who had Jentro's gift of nature.
The fourth was gifted by Avarel, gaining her Wisdom, but was without name, for reasons only Avarel knew.
And so the four were brought to the world of Sepphron, in the city of Levarius, to live and lead the people.
But one night, Terminia came to Lucian, offering power. Lucian, who was tired of living in his brothers' shadows, accepted Terminia's offer, and was gifted with Destruction and brought to the land of Terminia to rule.
This was the end of the second age, and the beginning of the third, Miage.
The Age of Miage

Terminia had used the dead of the Old Mankind to created his monsters and his hoards that would worship him and do his bidding. All the while, Sepphron allowed this, because the death of a God would be a terrible thing indeed, and banishment would mean his army would grow faster.
Terminia sought to overthrow all of the South Lands so that he could conquer Sepphron and take his throne, and his power. But on Earth, the Four Powers (Andarial, Gabriel, Lucian, and the Hooded Man) were engaged in a war that would decide the fate of the Gods.
The remaining three of the Four Powers remained seated on their thrones in Levarius' Castle Terra, but when a battle in the northern forest burned all of the trees, leaving only a vast desert, they removed themselves from their seats to fight their brother.
This was the end of the third age, and the beginning of the fourth, Eldarian.
The Age of Eldarian

Lucian had openly engaged his brothers in combat, using his powers granted to him to create an enormous black wolf to fight in his place, which he named Avarel in mockery of the Goddess.
Terminia's army, under the command of Lucian, took all of the southern and western borders of Sepphron, including the port city of Avarel, which the Royal Levarian Army retook.
But there were still hoards of creatures in the desert, of which the three had trouble removing.
There was a twist, that Avarel told the Hooded Man whilst he slept one night. She reminded him of the Fifth Throne, which was taller then all the others, and gave him the knowledge of its purpose.
And so the Hooded Man confided in his brother, Gabriel, and they took their places back on their thrones, which began the fifth age. The age of TeNo

The Age of TeNo

Nothing is recorded of the Age of TeNo, for no wise man records the present while it goes on. 
All that can be recorded is that Man has decoded Avarel's Warning so long ago . . .
"Mirasna contaminiata, sarras, sarras, Mirasna contaminata."

"Terminia destroys, yes, yes, Terminia destroys"

© 2012 Midnight's Mistress


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
Added on March 30, 2012
Last Updated on March 30, 2012
Tags: Gods, Creation Stories