The Blue Eyed Child: Give and Take (6)

The Blue Eyed Child: Give and Take (6)

A Screenplay by Midnight's Mistress

N: *barely above a whisper* Lord . . . Gabriel . . . ?
G: I wonder if the b*****d left me with my powers . . . *reaches for the Hades' statue still on the floor. It flies into his hand* Good *goes to the bedside* Yes, my child, I am here. *Naomi's hand out from under the blanket, reaches and lightly grabs it*
N: *opens eyes, seeing your face, and instantly smiles, blushing at your touch* How does the new soul feel?
G: Like Hell *chuckles* And you?
N: *nods* I'm fine, just, a bit empty.
G: Wait. What? *suddenly very panicked*
N: *smiles wide* It's fine, mainly because you have a majority of my old soul, which is now yours.
G: Why you little . . .
N: But, It's okay. Your father use to take parts of my soul out all the time. That's how I knew how to do that.
G: *making an attempt to calm self down, stands, letting go of her hand* Take it. Put it back. Take your soul.
N: *shakes head* No.
G: Have you forgotten that I am the Lord of this manor, that I control this land, and I control the very air you breath? So, do as I command, and TAKE YOUR SOUL!!
N: *shakes head again, only a bit frightened* No, M'Lord.
G: Do as I command, or so help me God, there will be Hell to pay
N: *sits up, blanket covering me still* No
G: You tempt me, Woman?
N: *looks into your eyes* It is your soul, not mine. I will not take what isn't mine
G: DO AS I COMMAND!!! *all around them, thunder and lightening crash. The earth trembles and churns, rain pelting the windows*
N: *backs up against the bedpost, terrified. Looks around and hesitates* N-N-No, M-M'Lord . . .
G: Child! *grabs a large piece of wood from the fireplace. In his hands, he fashions it into a stake* Either you take it, or I deliver it.
N: *looks at the stake, then at Gabriel, then back at stake, voice lost*
G: I am mortal now. And therefore I have a life I may claim. Now. Take it.
N: But . . . Without it, you won't be mortal, and you shall be soulless again.
G: Then my soul shall go to Tartarus.
N: *shakes head* I will not take your soul. *reaches for her dress, quickly sliding it on. Stands once it's on, staring Gabriel down*
G: Then I will be the escort. *quickly brings stake down, impaling the chest. Blood drains from his body as he collapses on the floor*
N: LORD GABRIEL! *bends down next to him, trying to stop the blood flow* No, No, No!
G: *black eyes gazed over* Take it . . .
N: *obediently nods* Yes, M'Lord *takes Gabriel's hand again and begins to chant in Greek*
G: In order to live . . . I must first walk the path of the dead . . .
N: *opens eyes in disbelief, continuing the chant*
G: Don't give me that look, Child. *chuckles. Inhales sharply in pain*
N: *eyes full of worry. A shining green leaves Gabriel's body and goes into Naomi's*
G: *pain goes away from his face* Ah, much better.
N: *Sharp intake, falls backwards, hand on heart. Looks at you, scared*
G: What is it, young one?
N: I feel . . . Different, and my heart . . . It feels bad.
G: Please *sits up* Do tell.
N: *trying not to sound rude* My soul still feels hollow, but some of the emptiness is replaced with a bad feeling . . .
G: Come now, Child. You can do better than that. *looks to the hearth. The timber inside bursts into flames*
N: *looking into the flames* I . . . I feel like my soul is tainted. Like I did something truly unpure, and that the Gods have left me to die.
G: Hmmm . . . *holds out hands* Come here.
N: *hesitates, then takes hands*
G: *gripping hands* My Lord, Hades, please listen.
N: *eyes widen and tried to pull away*
G: *continues* Please, grant me a small part of a soul of each pure, strong, courageous soul, so that I may do my bidding with them.
N: *pulls harder* M'Lord, stop! Please!!
G: I am Gabriel, and I ask in the name of my Lord, Hades. *white light begins to drift up from the floor, it beginning to collect around Gabriel's head*
N: *looking at the souls* Lord Gabriel, don't call him here, please!
G: *hands have a grip of iron. The lights around his head collect further* Go forth, my brethren
N: Lord Gabriel, what are you do-
*the light around Gabriel's head travels down his arm like lighting, searing his skin. It dissapears in Naomi's hands, leaving tiny pin pricks*
G: It is done.

© 2012 Midnight's Mistress


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

160 Views
Added on April 4, 2012
Last Updated on April 4, 2012
Tags: Lord, handmaiden, greek gods, power