The Killers Avenge

The Killers Avenge

A Story by Raven
"

When his mother was beheaded, he took the ultimate revenge

"

                                                                     The Killer's Avenge

                           

    

              The fog settled over the troubled small town. The fog drifted lazily through the streets of Morwood. The fog drifted past the empty playground, over the rolling hill, pass the empty church (even though it was Sunday), and across the empty graveyard. And finally reached its destination... The woods, that had given the town its name. It was said and proven that whoever ventured into the woods, never came out alive again. And the few (the very few) who did come out were well... Let’s just say Insane?. Mor means dead in Latin, and that’s exactly what happened to the people who went into the woods. We know for a fact that they're dead because the next day (exactly the next day), their bodies are hung on the branches of the outer trees. Some have holes deep in the neck, and other have no sign of injuries at all yet they are still dead! The small town had a right to be afraid of the woods, because someone or something has been picking the townspeople off, one by one. There was no way to escape it. If a family moved from Morwood, one of the family members would be taken (while they were still on their way to the new home or already there) and brought back dead. Some people believed it was the work of cannibals while, others believed it was a vampire. And yet still some people thought it was both. Now let’s see all this from the view of the cannibal/vampire.

 

          A shadow glided quietly along the walls of the houses in Morwood. The shadow was following the shoe storekeeper. As he silently glided just a few feet away from him he chuckled quietly and murmured to himself "Ahh… another easy pick. I believe this is getting easier and easier ". With that said, he crept up behind the shoe storekeeper, and before the storekeeper could even utter a single word. The shadow skillfully killed him with a swift bite to the neck. Quieter than a cat he slung the man over his shoulder and glided along with the fog, that always seemed to be in Morwwod. Rain or shine it was there. The shadow called himself Mor. He named himself after the town of Morwood. You could say that Morwood was his namesake, although it was because of him that the town’s name switched from Applegate to Morwood, but oh well who’s asking. Anyways Mor was not a cannibal nor vampire. Mor was (should I say is...) a man with teeth sharpened by rocks, and stealth that came from years of practice. Mor went to the heart of the woods, where a stream ran. He threw the man in and put large stones around him, to keep him from floating away. He then roasted a hare he had caught and opened up a bottle of root beer he had 'borrowed'. After he finished his meal, he fished the guy out of the stream. Mor went to the outer edge of the woods with the guy over his shoulder, he looked around to see if anyone was there, when there was nobody, he quickly and efficiently hung up the guy on one if the branches of the outer tree. Mor then went back and went to the north side of the woods, where a thick clusters of trees grew and climbed up to one particular tree. As the sun began to rise, Mors was fast asleep.

 

      "Jason. Honey, wakeup!" said a women's voice.

"I'm up! I'm up!" replied Jason drowsily as he got out of bed.

"Hurry up and get dressed otherwise we're going to be late for the fair" said the woman who was Jason’s mom.

                            ♡☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆♡

         《At the fair》 

 

“O.k. now Jason, honey please be a good boy and stick to my side. We don't want you to get lost in this mess." said Jason’s mom

Sign "Don't worry mum I will 'stick' to your side " said a very annoyed Jason.

All was well, until the sun began to go down, and the lady in front of Jason and his mum, yelled" thief".

"Somebody help, the thief stole my purse!" said the lady while she pointed a finger as Jason's mom.

Jason’s mom looked shocked for a second but then in a calm voice replied.

"Pardon me, ma'am but you're pointing at the wrong person, for I'm no        thief".

"Are you calling me a liar?!" shouted the lady. "Do you know who I'm?" And without even bothering to wait for a reply, she went on. "I'm the Duchess of Ravenswood! And no one dare calls me a liar--

"Excuse me 'Duchess of Ravenswood" interrupted Jason "Don't accuse us of any wrongdoings that we haven't done! Now if you would be as kind as---“

"How dare you mock me and interrupt me! Guards seize the boy at once!" Jason hadn't noticed the guards before, but now they deemed to surround him with no chance of escape.

"Please, I beg you ma'am. Don't get the boy, he's young he didn't mean to be rude to you. And madam please believe me when I say didn't steal your purse" pleaded Jason’s mom.

"Ha! That’s what every thief says! What kind of fool do you take me for! The Duchess tossed the words over her shoulder as she turned to walk away. "Guards take both the boy and the lady, and behead them at once!

After a while of struggling from Jason and pleas from Jason's mom to let him go, the guards took them to the town’s trial court. They would be staying there, because the Duchess had ordered an immediate trial, since she couldn't behead them without one. And so the trial began. Jason and his mom told the truth and nothing but the truth but, alas, there cries for innocence fell upon deaf ears. The Duchess had warned everyone, that whoever sided with the guilty party, would have severe consequences.  As unfair as it was Jason and his mom lost the trial...

 

                          ☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤♡

 

     Two days later the lynching had began, but there was a problem. Jason could not be found anywhere. The town people asked -demanded- answers from the poor mother, but she wouldn't utter a single word. Rumor had it that the boy was hiding in the woods that grew at the edge of the woods. Forget the woods they couldn't even find out how the boy had escaped. Some people thought that Jason's mom was a witch and had taken him out, but why she didn't take herself out was a mystery. But that still didn’t stop the people from beheading Jason’s mom.

 

                           ☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤☆¤

 

           Mor woke with a start. He was sweaty even though it was night and very cold. He had, had the same horrible nightmare again. He was watching his mother die and there was nothing he could do about it, because he promised his mom he wouldn't come out until all was safe. Mor shuddered and shook his head as if to clear it. Mor had promised his mother he wouldn't come our until it was safe, and didn't break it. Sure the town wasn't safe for the townspeople, but it was completely safe for him. He had already taken care of the 'Duchess of Ravenswood'. As he headed out to make his trip to town he whispered silently to the sky.” Wherever you are mum, I swear I won't rest until I kill every single one of the people that killed you, except the man that let me escape. I WILL avenge your death". With that said, Mor/Jason headed out into the night to keep his promise alive and avenge his long lost mother...

© 2016 Raven


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's an interesting story,makes one think before entering the woods of that town,Avenging the death of his mother,is something only a son can do;- Wonderful write,a bit scary too.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
1 Review
Added on January 8, 2016
Last Updated on January 8, 2016

Author