An Inconvenient Reality

An Inconvenient Reality

A Poem by Mikeandike
"

The inspiration for this piece came from a landfill.

"
surrounded by destruction,
man's mind wasted.
looking, sitting, waiting.
swimming through the mire,
for the garbage stands
by the next week's roses cut,
watching, used up.
when you, like I, called for destruction.

© 2012 Mikeandike


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A little bit unlike the last one of your poems that I read, this one has more of a mystery behind it. You write in a way that you are referring to the past and with knowledge, you wrap it all up.
"man's mind wasted": it is ingenious that you chose this line, because the whole "landfill" effect really makes it all worth while. The mind is an interesting place, isn't it? I like how you illustrated that the mind is destructive and wasted. yet still, "looking, sitting, waiting" because one can not just run from his/her thoughts.
the last line puts the icing on the cake: "when you, like I, called for destruction". Although you do not flaunt it, there is wisdom behind your words. Your wisdom with your thoughts makes you capable of being a really great poet.
I do wish you'd write something a little bit more mysterious, because I can see you'd do a fantastic job at it. Something with a more hidden meaning to explore. Much like this one, but deeper.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
hmm
Deep ponderful read, i enjoyed this

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 6, 2012
Last Updated on March 6, 2012

Author

Mikeandike
Mikeandike

Akron, OH



About
Well, I'm Mike. I'm attending the University of Akron and majoring in Music Education. However, I'm also a budding foodie. You might find me to be a bit pretentious, but hey, it's not like I'm pointin.. more..

Writing
intro intro

A Chapter by Mikeandike


Untitled Untitled

A Book by Mikeandike


untitled untitled

A Poem by Mikeandike