Mr. Zub's- Akron,Ohio

Mr. Zub's- Akron,Ohio

A Story by Mikeandike
"

This is a review of the restaurant called Mr. Zub's.

"
So, it's a Saturday night and you've been hitting the sauce a little too hard. The bartender scrapes you off the floor and throws your plastered a*s out the door. You're freezing your nuts off, you've got a horrid headache, your stomach sounds more like a chainsaw than a vital organ, and it's 2 in the morning. What to do? Hail a cab and hightail it to Akron's hipster district, Highland Square.


Ignore the Independent record shop. Step over the passed-out clubbers. Let the aroma of various frying meats guide you to the big yellow door. There you will find the holy grail of hangover food; Mr. Zub's.


Mr. Zub's boasts a broad selection of sandwiches, each being named after various movie characters. But be warned; these aren't your granny's sandwiches. I mean come on; they've got a sandwich with nothing but homemade Mac n' Cheese and bacon(The Hightower). It's damn tasty too. And sure, there are vegetarian options as well, but meat, oh so glorious meat, reigns king here. From the Dude(Ham, Egg, Cream Cheese on a Bagel) to the Tommy Boy(Meatball Sub), you're bound to find something to satiate your late-night cravings. But if you're looking for a truly one-of-a-kind sandwich, look no further than the Henry Hill.

It's fried corned beef piled high, smothered in swiss, and shoved between two buttery toasted slices of rye. Sure, it might sound like your run-of-the-mill corned beef on rye. That's where the final touch comes in. Ask for a side of Stadium Mustard. That's right, Stadium Mustard. Apply it to the top slice of bread and take your first bite. It's like a cured meat-induced deli-gasm.

Always open late, Mr. Zub's is the go-to place, whether you're fighting off a hangover or have the midnight munchies. It might not be glamorous, but it sure as hell tastes good. That being said; I'd give Zub's 4.5/5 stars.


As always, stay hungry Ohio.

© 2012 Mikeandike


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on March 6, 2012
Last Updated on March 6, 2012

Author

Mikeandike
Mikeandike

Akron, OH



About
Well, I'm Mike. I'm attending the University of Akron and majoring in Music Education. However, I'm also a budding foodie. You might find me to be a bit pretentious, but hey, it's not like I'm pointin.. more..

Writing
intro intro

A Chapter by Mikeandike


Untitled Untitled

A Book by Mikeandike


untitled untitled

A Poem by Mikeandike