Why do we bother with love if it never lasts?

Why do we bother with love if it never lasts?

A Story by Millie
"

It's a nice story trying to make it short. It's a love story. . . IT's why we bother with love even if it doesn't last.

"

                     I sat in the coffee shop before collage started. The sun was out, it was such a lovely day clear blue sky,  sun hitting the house's showing them in a new light, everything seemed happier. Tree's were rustling in the light breeze. Flowers in full bloom, during mid spring. The spring where everything seemed to spring to life.

                   I was being serived by the newest employee. He had beautiful deep blue eye's against his tan skin. His hair wasn't long nor was it short. It was in the prefect place in the middle. He was handsome, tall, he had a good build. He didn't seem like the type of guy who's looks menat everything. Although he looked clean cut and sensible. "Hello, what would you like?" His voice was delicate but still mantained the manly esence.

"Black coffee, with extra sugar please" I asked.

"Someone's got a sweet tooth" He stated joking yet it made me laugh oddly.

"Yeah, i guess i have"

                    He brought the coffee to my table, in a to go cup "How did you know?" I asked.

"Your bag, it's got the collage's name on it. You also look to young to be going to work or sitting in here for no reason"

"Spot on"

"by the way it's about ten o'clock"

"S**t I've got to leave, i'm supose to be there in half an hour." I started to stand up and chuck my bag over my shoulder.

"Hey, don't rush I'm starting there today, i can drive us both there" he smiled taking his apron off, then running back round the counter.

                      

                     We're at collage at the right time. We were in different classes. I was sat by the window during class. The sky was now a pale blue, our school was resounded for the amount of wildlife was here. So many tree's covered our campus. As I looked out the window I noticed a class had ended as a flood of people walked past. After the rush of people, I saw him leaving the class, he waved to me as he left. Over time we got to know each other. Really well. So well in fact, when i came into the shop he already had my coffee ready for me, make hotter coffee in the winter. He'd even save his breaks for when i came in, so we'd talk even more weather it be about pointless or personal. As i got to know him more i got scared. I didn't want to be scared but I'd always think back to my parents and how their marriage, well failed. I'm scared of falling like my mother did. I'm terrified that all of my relationships will end like their's did. My father was such a careless man he didn't think of how what he did would effect my mother.Or me.

"So let me get this right you moved, because you hated in a small, comfy, cosy village?" I laughed.

"Yes, seriously you'd hate it, It's so boring there and so are the people"

"I find that hard to believe, it's every person i know dream"

"Trust me, i give them a couple of weeks and they'd want to move back" He laughed, in between sips of coffee. "If you want to be in a place like that, so much why don't you go?"

"I don't think i could, my family and friends are here" I looked out the shop window "My memory's are all here."

"You didn't look too hapy when you said that" he told me reaching over placing his hand on mine.

 

                    At this time it was eighteen  and a half, we'd known each other for about year. Everyday, it felt as if we've know each other for a life time. Even though we were still finding out about each other. What we liked, our interest. Every time I found out more about him it was like we were more compatible. I think this was love, at that time i wasn't sure what love was.  We we're back to mid spring again, the sun shone like it did the first time we met. This could be a true bliss.

                      He took me to the beach. The water was a pale blue, like his eye's, as far as i could see. The sea was so calm under the mid afternoon sun. We sat on the warm golden sand, that's when he put his arm around me for the first time. His muscle's weren't massive but big enough to show you he was strong. Never mind the sun, the warmth of his body heated mine. He whispered in my ear "If you'll take me." His words were so well chosen and sincere. He could melt hearts without trying. My body seemed to tingle with enjoyment as he spoke. I started believe maybe this won't end. He had his arms around me tightly all that time. As the sun went down slowly and the reds, and purple began to show in the sky. He tangled his fingers into mine. He kissed me softly. We sat by the water till the late hours of the night.  Later that night we went back to his house, we curled up on his sofa. He was reluctant to let go of me. I feel asleep in his arms, our body's touching. My hair was covering both his and my face. This was a sweet embrace, no matter how embarrasing it was when i woke up.

                      

                       Flash forward, and we're twenty-one. He knows all my secrets, know's why I am so scared, no not scared terrified. I'm still terrified after all this time. He tells me "we won't make your parent's mistake, your the best thing that's ever been mine" he tells me running his fingers through my hair as tear drops fall down my face. Goose bumps travel through my skin as he touches me.

"You know I'm just scared, i don't want to turn out like them, I don't want to lose us." I rapped my arms around him, pressing my face into his chest.

                      That same year we moved in together carefree and so damn in love. Every time I see his face it's like I'm seeing him for the first time. He the one with key so he's the one who keeps my heart. I know if he got my heart it won't be broken, 'cause I trust with all of the heart that he holds.

                        I remember that fight at two-thrity am everything was slipping right out of our hands, the screaming and shout it was all too much. So I ran out crying, and you followed me out into street. It was a dark night, deep blue's filled with sky. Clouds covered the open air making the night look even darker. Salty tears ran down my face, there was no use fighting what was the most likely possiblity.

                        I was prepared for the goodbye because that's all I've ever know. Then to my surprise then you said "I'll never leave you alone, I remember how we felt sitting my the sea, I fell love, with careless man's careful daughter" he took a deep breath and I was ready to hear the worst "your the best thing that's ever been mine." It hit me almost like a tone of bricks, he truly cares for me.I remembered the first night we met, that day spent on the beach just him and i.

                      

                       The few months after that fight out love seemed to become so much stronger. He took me out to beach where we first knew we were in love. He hired a boat for the day to take us out. The water was calm the perfect day for sailing. "Look over there" he pointed behind me"

"What am i looking at?" I asked turning back towards him. He had a small box, open,. It had a silver ring, the most beautiful ring i've ever seen. The answer came rushing to my head like a lightning bolt.

"Yes, oh my gosh, yes now and forever, I love you." I reached over to him to gie him a hug rocking the boat from left to right.

 

 

                                I love him, now and forever. This won't end as long as the last. Oh god I know it will.

 

 I could say we lived happily ever after, but that wouldn't be true. Everything has up and there downs. So joyfully I can say the love lasted we're still in love from the first moment we met, past that we'll die. So much happened other the years between us. We had two children, we gave everything we could to them at no cost to us. Because we had love.

© 2011 Millie


Author's Note

Millie
this was inspired by a song ask if you want to know what song :).xxx
there will be more i hope i'll keep up dating

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

(I'm just gonna edit my old review for the new version of this).

So far, I really like it! I'm not sure if you're going to be making any more changes, but I'll check back every once in a while to see how it's coming along. The detail and emotion you were shooting for came out really well!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

They spoil every romance by trying to make it last forever.:)

Those who are faithful know only the trivial side of love; it is the faithless who know love's tragedies. xD

We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.

~SOUL LESS~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silence. . . It's only the first draft this is one u want to add more detail and feeling to it's just that I need the baseline done first before I add because I want it to be more like the first paragraph with detail and emotion

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

(I'm just gonna edit my old review for the new version of this).

So far, I really like it! I'm not sure if you're going to be making any more changes, but I'll check back every once in a while to see how it's coming along. The detail and emotion you were shooting for came out really well!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
3 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 6, 2011
Last Updated on March 8, 2011
Previous Versions

Author

Millie
Millie

Portsmouth, Copner, United Kingdom



About
I'm 16 (almost). I write to express conflicting emotions. This enable to let me release them without feeling like there mine by putting them in different scenarios. I enjoy writing, but music is m.. more..

Writing
f**k knows yet f**k knows yet

A Story by Millie


Intentions Intentions

A Story by Millie


One One

A Chapter by Millie