Evlana

Evlana

A Story by Millie
"

The familiesare really large~Harry, Vanessa, Melanie,Leo,Owen,Tyson, Hayley, Scarlet, Aaron. Her's (Daniel, Alexander) Evlana,Lauren,Lilly-Ann, Emmett, Eleanor, Charlotte, Brooklyn, Kathrin, Ishmael.

"

I never thought i'd be here. Not back in Portsmouth. The last time I was back here it was nearly two hundred years ago. It's changed so much. The streets, the house's, even the smell. I didn't want to be here, but, I loved revisiting places especially after hundreds of years. It was something simular to a check up.

 

I've been living here, in this time, for two weeks. I started school last week, just to find out that Harold and his family have been living here for just over a month. I defaintly do not want to be here. Not after everything that happened. It just doesn't feel right. I wonder how my parents could even think of moving back here after everything that happened all those years.

 

It was busy at school. I've never been to a school this busy. It felt hard to breath. No space, no space at all; in such a big building. I heard a faint whisper "What are you doing back here" I thought I'd avoided him well enough for him not to find me. 

"Living arrangements" I answered as though it's the most common question in the world.

"Living arrangements my arse, like your here because of that"

"Why are you here then Harold. Living arrangements?"

"No!" He got closer then whispered "Fresh blood" He made my blood churn as he spoke. A sickening feeling came to my stomach.

 

"Is that all you Vampire's want out of your lives?"

"Yes I say that is all we Vampire's want" He spoke quietly as though he was tellling a secret.

"Why speak so quietly, afraid you'll be run out of town?" I answered sarcastically.

"Nope, If you told anyone they'd put you in the mental asylum" we walked speeding up the pace slightly "So is all you witch's like to do it move around?"

"No actually we Witch's like to stay with our family"

"Why speak so quietly, afraid?" I glared at him then attempted to out walk him. I was sick of him and we'd only been talking for the maximum of a minute.

 

The talking stopped so I assumed he had walked away. Within mili-seconds I was grabbed then flung into his closet; upon entrance I hit my head on a shelf. "Harold what the f**k was that for!"

"That's not my name, my name is Harry" He paused for a moment. I just starred at him in disgust."Why didn't you tell me? Why let my sister tell me?" I just starred at him for a few moments.

"I know what you would have done. I'd end up Like Alexander  and Daniel right now. . . Sometimes I wish it was me you killed, but no, you murdered then instead of them!" 

 

He didn't speak he just stood by the door in slience. No words could be said to answer that I guess. "Harry can you unlock the door now?"

"It's not locked" I just starred at him annoyed for a second.

"Don't lie!" I lifted my hand up towards the door "Ano Say" The door clicked "It was locked"

 

I swiftly made my exit out of the closet. To see his brothers and sisters crowded round the door. No space. No escape. They just taunted me, they hated me with a pure passion that burned with in there lost soul. "Stay away from him". . ."Stay away from us". . . "Why don't you just leave already". . . "I'd love to have another taste of Witches blood!" How dare they bring my brother's into this.

 

Tears of anger began to fall down my cheek, I detested people even mentioning my brother's. Especially them, they have no right. I pushed through the two girls I was slightly taller than. To insert some authority. My heart pumped the blood round so fast I could of sworen it was boiling. I could still feel there glare as I walked with pride and sensiblity away.

 

Emmett and Eleanor came striding forward eyes white as snow, I know they saw what just happened. "Emmett, Eleanor turn around" I spoke softly placing my hands on their shoulders turning them. "Why do you let them do that?" Eleanor almost shouted.

"I don't! They'll get what's coming to them just not now, not here!"

"I wish Daniel was still here! He'd let me go over there and smash there smug little faces in" Emmett carried on for her.

"Daniel" My voice trembled "He's not here, I am eldest you do as I say"

"Daniel and Alexander were eldest, not you" Emmet said.

"Were. Now do as I say."

 

They walked off with out me. I couldn't handle it here. My tutor was full of Vampire's I was the only Witch in there no way would I be going back to see Harold or any of them for that matter. "Elova, Mantana" Home Thank god.

 

Now the trouble was to manage to get to my room with out Crystal (my mother) seeing and hearing. 


-Our families are large and go back very far. I have Daniel, Alexander, Elvana (me), Emmett, Lauren, Lilly-ann and Charlotte (twins), Kathrin, Brooklyn, Eleanor and Ishmael. We are all blood related our Parents Crystal and Devon have been together for Thousands of years. Witches like our family are hard to come across. We grow till Sxteen then aging stops, Then as we have a child our age increases to thirty. It doesn't matter how many children you have your age is still thirty. We can die but we can be saved just before we die if we come close to that situation.-

 

-In Harold's family there are. Melanie, Tyson, Harold, Scarlet, Leo, Vanessa, Hayley, Owen, Aaron. Their Parents Amelia and Jason. Again they are all related by blood. When they were alive anyway. Some time in the seventeen hundreds there was a pandemic of Vampire's raging in one city his whole family was wiped out then turned into Vampires. Rather sad when you think about it, the amount of pain suffered, the transition so unbearable.-

 

 

 

 

I managed to get up to my room, in the loft, without my parents noticing. It was 1:45  one and half a lessons left before the rest of my family gets home. The time seemed to move quickly. My thoughts were clouded with memorise from the eighteen hundreds. How handsome he was, the amount of love he gave. I knew he was a Vampire; I still kept it a secret so that I could be with him. I loved him. More than anyone I had ever met before, I loved him, I truly loved him.

 

Slam! The door shut. My siblings were back. I raced down the stairs to join my siblings. We all entered the living room together. I sat on the chair closest the window, I loved looking out windows like you can have your own insight to the world. I played with fire. I congered up everyday then sat watching it burn in my hands without it burning me it always fascinated me.

 

I loved the banter. Me, my brothers and sisters. My baby brother Ishmael the youngest would contract my magic and play with the fire by me. He'd pull it towards him then shout "Watch out sis." I put on a smug smile as I stopped it before it hit me. "I play with fire everyday, long before you were born little brother try again" I pushed back to him. Lauren froze it locked in a cage of ice "Enough with the light show" she laughed. "If you wanna see a light show" Eleanor spoke as she blew up the cage of ice and fire causing a truly magnificent light show. "That's how to make a room sparkle"

 

Mum walked in then stopped everything in mid air. "Take it out side!" She told us.

"Let then have their fun" Dad told mum.

"It would be a good idea, a little combat practice?" Emmett sugested as a joke.

 

 

 

So that's what happened. Devon put an enchartment on the garden exstending it so that we'd have enough room. We're split up evenly although most of the girls were with me. We decided who we were going to aim for before hand knowing they'd chose someone different from us. Leaving them off gard.

 

I ran towards Emmett, threw fire at him. My favourie weapon of choice.  I flustered wind at me, the fire went out i my hands.He gusted me up with a powerful wind. I stayed up in the air, I stayed up even though he had stopped the wind. It worried me beacause I soon realised that someone had there arms rapped round me. I screamed down to my dad and my brothers for help. I was gone before they could get up to my hight.

 

I screamed and kicked but it didn't seem to bother who ever it was. We travelled through the air like birds gliding. The wind pushed my hair in front of my face the most I could see was strands of hair which had flown across my eyes. The air felt icy against my skin, the further away we got the more I'd scream. No one would hear though. Even if anyone did they'd be accused of being mentally ill.

 

The tree's. I caught sight of the tree's we went through they were to recognisable. I knew who it was, but I prayed it wasn't oh god I hoped it wasn't him. A tear dropped down my cheek a single tear just one. I knew it was, the smell of his cologne hasn't seemed to change since the last time I saw him. His right arm round me, he only ever put his right arm around me. I stayed on his right side. I never knew why. It doesn't seem likely that i'll ever find out.

 

 

 

 

I was thrown. I smacked the wall. My back got the first hit and my head got the second. I could see him now though. His hair neatly trimmed, his top cuddling his body, the ragged edges of his jeans just scrapping the floor his black shoes looking new as always. He stood there looking out the wide open window. The forest we passed seems miles away now.

 

I got up slowly. I staggered towards him, I placed my hand on his shoulder. "Is it just like you remember?" he moved out of my grasp. Taking in a deep breath I turned my head watching the floor. I lifted my head slightly to see Harold standing there no emotion shown. "Why did you take me?" I breathed. He didn't speak. "This is a pointless" I countined to stager to the open window. "Elova Mantana" As I spoke he grabbed my arm.

 

I was back at home but he grabbed my so I fell through the air form where he took me. I just flew through the air falling, falling continuously falling. I didn't scream or speak I just fell, Thank god Dad was there looking out for me. I fell into his arms, the impact of the fall caused a concussion. I could hear, see, think but I was severely sick. Ishmael take your sister inside" He passed me into Ishmael's arms, I could hear the frantic cry's of Charlotte "Are you okay Evlana? Is she okay? What happened Eve?"

"Leave her alone she'll be fine Char, She'll be fine" Lilly-Ann tried to convince her.

 

 

 

 

I laid quietly speaking very little to very little people. My mother was sat on my bed looking over on all my brothers and sisters scurrying in and out of my room constantly checking up on me. They walked in on at a time, but only a few would stay in at anyone time. Lilly-Ann was constantly casting spells to prove to charlotte I was fine. They never seemed to leave and when they did they'd immediately come back in after Charlotte had thought of something else that could be wrong with me. Emmett sat in the corner looking disappointed with him self. This soon began to annoy me. "Emmett get up. You couldn't of see that coming maybe he was just passing and caught sight of me"

"You know who it was?" I gace him a quick powerful look. He then stood up and left the room. I could hear the sudden shouts as Eleanor struggled to find out why she couldn't see it happening, Lauren didn't seem at all phased by this, which didn't suprise me. Ishmael stayed by Dad's side through all of the worrying and scurrying.

 

"Is she okay?" Harold asked as he climbed through the balcony windows. I sat up on my bed hearing his voice. Before I knew my whole family had surrounded my bed as though I need protecting. "Get him out of here!" I shouted seeing that none of them would move. Emmett walked to towards him as though he was going to punch him out of the house. "Alright!"  Emmett still going to punch him "I'm going" He edged away from Emmett "Evlana you know where to find me" He left knowing Emmett could kill him after the punch. I ceiled over then threw up on Lauren. "I'm so sorry" She was covered in sick looking up at me.

 

I spent the rest of that night throwing up. I sat out on the Balcony the whole night I didn't want my entire room smelling of my sick. The stars shone, I was amazed the amount of lights from hotels, fast food, restaurants, department stores, retail stores ect. Tended to block out the light of the stars. As I gazed upon the stars. I wondered weather I should meet him.

 

 

 

 

Crystal write me a sick note which she gave to Eleanor to keep hold of she also called up the school to make sure they knew I wasn't going to be in. It was totally unnecessary I was fine by the morning. As i laid on my bed all I could think was what happened yesterday the way he took me then wouldn't even look at me. The way he use to love me. The way he hates me now.

 

I got dressed no way was I going to stay here, all day. I went to the old inn. The inn my family use to own. It's all bordered up, the foundations crumbling, an unstable roof. It hasn't been owned by anyone since 1802. I broke down the wood that bordered up the door. It was so dark, just an excuse for fire I guess. The fire lit up the place like a christmas tree without burning anything. The old stair case by the front desk, you could see many of the rooms from down here. It all looks so bland now although the wood had aged beautifully. It even smells the same, the strong smells of ale mixed with roses and tulips. None of the frames had been take down, but the art work has probably been stolen a long time ago. The detail on the banister was exactly the same. So was the name above the desk. Exactly the same.

 

"You came!" He daid happily rushing towards me.

"I didn't come for you. I came because I couldn;t stand being home alone okay?" I told him taking a step back.

"We fell in love here, remember." he spoke softly his voice so soothing "I still love you, no matter how much I hate you"

"Thanks?" I paused "I'm not in love with you," I spoke calmly and quietly "I was once. Well look at how well that turned out for me" Shivers were sent up my spine.

"Good thing I hate you too"

"Oh just go away leave! leave me alone" I flicked my fingers, decorated with menhdi, out casting an accidentle spell pushing him up against the wall. The Inn shuck. A swam of male Vampires came crashing in breaking even more of the foundations. Soon enough I was pinned up against the opposite wall by Aaron, Owen, Leo. Tyson stood in front of me looking as though ready for the kill.

 

I could feel the wall crumble as they pushed my further in restraining me even more. I could fell it all crash down. "Wont it be sweet to taste your blood" Tyson dug his nail into my skin. I attempted to kick at him. It was a failed attempt. He pushed my cheeks together as he told me "If you don't want to die you shouldn't be doing that now should you?" He spoke almost seductibely, like I was anyone to be suduced by the 'bad boy image'. I spat at him so that he'd let go of my face.

"You wont kill me, to kill me would mean killing your brother, he still loves-"

"Oh just shut up!" Tyson said breaking me off.

"You know, I know, He damn well knows it's all true!" He slapped me so I just laughed.

"The big, bad Vampire has to slap his victim to get her to shut up, how clever" I mocked.

"Let her go Tyson" Harold shouted back to them. I dropped down and crashed neatly on the floor. 'Thank you' I mouthed to Harold.

 

I ran out side of the Inn. I could feel the walls crumble as I ran. I stopped when I was far enough a way. I watched where I fell in love crumble, crash, collapse and fall to the ground. It was tear provoking. I watched it fall to the ground.

 

I ran as i spoke the words "Elova Mantana" This was a better approach so when i arrived where I wanted to be I'd be walking not falling. I came rushing in through the garden, I saw that all my sisters were stood at the door waiting for me to come inside. I slide the door open then sat at our dinning table by the side of the large window near the sliding doors.

 

"What happened" Lilly-Ann asked. "Come on spill the beans" Lauren added

"Vampire's" I simply said.

"Tell us more" Eleanor told me.

"Hate them or love them there always going to pin you up"

"Is that meant to be funny?" Charlotte asked.

 

The rage of brother isn't to ferice to handle, but the dopey ideas of the youngest is another issue entirely. "Honestly Evlana are you such an idiot!" Emmett pronounced.

"Excuse me?" My voice began to rasie it's self.

"Who fancy's a trip up to Smith's? Ishmael added. Almost everyone exspect myself were up to going. Then began to walk towards the front door.

"Go the back way! If mum see's she will kill us!" Once we were all in garden we stood in a long line ready to say the spell in perfect unison. "Elova Mantana" It seemed as though it was  the only spell we used. The lush green grass seemed to disapper from under my feet. It transformed into barened land and the house behind us was no house. It was mansion that looked so dark and gloomy. Seemed as though it was taken out of some horror book.

 

 

 

 

Jason came out to greet us. "Well this must be a special occasion if a family of young witches come to a Vampire's home". He walked along each of us as though examining us. We just stood our ground . We had no issue with his parents just with him and his siblings. Amelia came wondering out walking swiftly towards Jason with her eyes locked on me. "Oh Jason doesn't she look as beautiful as she did back then?" Amelia whispered to Jason.

 "Yes just as beautiful."

"But haven't you aged Evlana" This question startled me  my first thought was 'she must be off her rocker'.

"I don't quiet understand what you mean Amelia? I haven't aged not one day. May I ask do you see a child beside me?"

"Eve calm down" Lauren told me holding me back slightly but they immeditatly letting go.

"No Evlana you have persevied this the wrong way. Not in shape your image, but the depth in your eyes" Amelia explained to me. Her red eyes freaked me out as she kept staring.

 

Jason took a step forward. "May I ask why you are all here"

"Your Children Jason. We'd like to speak to them." Emmett answered. Jason said no more. He walked calmly back to their house Amelia followed closely behind. As they left each of their children made their own sepical apperence out side. They looked down at us especially Melanie and Tyson. They've hated out family for centuaries.

 

"Are you going to tell us why you are here?" Tyson asked rudely.

"You Vampire's touching my sister! That's why we are here!" Emmett replied with the same amount of rudeness as he asked with.

"How do you plan to deal with that" Venessa stated it didn't sound like a question.

 

Emmett's emotion got the better of him and the casting of spells and fighting started. Vampire's eyes turned red with rage. It was a unfair fight we may not be human but the basic rules men tend to be stronger still apply. My sisters still didn't give up they fought like they had never fought before. Emmett and Ishmael I'd never seen so much passion in anything they'd done until now. I was most suprised with Ishmael he doesn't know why we hate this perticular family of Vampire's but he does know he killed the brothers he was not old enough to know. The fury I could see in Emmett's eyes as they turned into the white eyes of a witch , it was turely frightening.

 

The only person that would be worth anything for me killing was the only one who wanted to stay out of the fight. As everyone else fought I merily spoke. "You have no right to stand out"

"Do I not?"

"No you don't! You are vicious murder who killed my brothers for what the taste?" The speaking carried on and so did my fight. "Levoa" I whispered under my breath pushed him up in the air taking away everything he can breathe. I dropped him to floor. He came running at me, he held me tightly in his hands before desicating me to the floor.He sat over me looking as though he was ready to rip my neck off with his bare hands.

 

With a swift knee up kicking him in the place were the sun shouldn't shine. It didn't bother him though. He wasn't smart enough to restrain my arms so I was able to push him off of me. I flicked my wristes and was able to stangle him. My eyes turned white as I shouted "Your such a bastered! Did you ever think I was going to go back to you after I found out what you were? After you killed my brothers! Think HAROLD THINK!" I kept him, where he was for a few seconds after my rant.

 

"As tides may change and rivers flow

Let me show the twist in fate

As faith changes with the new melenia

As you are shown the truth of you

Let tides change with you

Twist and turn the insides

Of your truth."

 

I watched him wrentch and turn as the insides of him churn. "Evlana! Stop it now!" My siblings tried to pull me back stop me, but this was their idea not mine. "No this was your Idea"

"No it wasn't!" I reconised the voice it wasn't my siblings holding on to me. "They weren't just my brothers! they were your sons too"

 

It began to drizzel as I walked away. Passing through muddy feilds and dark forests. They lived miles away from school, miles away from us. The wind joined with the increasing rain. My clothing sticking to me making me colder as I Walking for so long leaving them there letting them disappear back home the normal way. Chosing the mortal way as I drowned in my self pitty, I drowned in lust, I drowned in the tragidy of the years before.

 

 

 

 

It was around five am when I reached home. Sliently opening creeping through into my bedroom. Taking layers of clothes off as I make my way into the on suit bathroom. The warm water felt as if it burned my skin through the cold numbness. Climbing out of the shower I reached for a towel rapping it around my dripping body. Chosing cloths that would make me blend in with everyone else at school.

 

I was average nothing to be admired in this life. Some of my siblings and infact many of the vampire's are creature's the humans adore and wish to please unknowing of the danger ahead. It sickens me how people can be so shallow not know a person and fall in love with them, no not with them with there looks.

 

As I thought about it I started and finished my history course work. I needed to use this as an accuse to get to leave earlier.

 

I was able to leave my house just as the commotion started as people paniced to get everything ready. I walked through the halls repeatedly, not bothering to give in my coursework yet. I noticed him standing there with many adoring girls surronding him. Through the crowds of girls I noticed green and purple marks running down the side of his face on to his neck. I was filled with guilt knowing I did that.

 

The bell rangand I ran up to tutor. I came into tutor wiht evil lurking eyes watching me. I couldn't shake the feeling even when they weren't around. The lessons felt like a daze. They seemed to last a life time. Keeping a close eye on the clock counted down the moments till lunch.

 

I ran up two flights of stairs up into the humanity's. I walked into Mrs Brown's room with the intention of giving in my course work. "She's gone out to lunch, I'll tell her you left it." He starteled me his voice coming from no where then he suddenly appeared.

 

My hearted pounded looking at his wounds that spread across his face. "Did I?" I asked smoothing my hand over his brouses.. "Yes" he said taking hold of my hand "Only my love can hurt me like this, only you." I wanted to look away.

"I'm so sorry" A tear ran down my face "I didn't mean to hurt you, not like this" Although isn't that what i intended to do?

"Does that prove to you?" he asked running his hand down my side on to my hips.

"Yes but I-" I was cut off has his soft slender lips collasped on to mine. Every cell in my body was tellling me no but I was too rapped up in this. I was rapped up in my guilt and the past love i felt to care what my body was telling me. Sliding across the table we locked in passionate embrace.

 

I came to my senses. "No" I breathed "This is wrong all wrong, I loved you once." I pushed him off of me getting off the table. "I cant forgive what you did, I just can't I'm sorry."  I ran off out of the room. I agree with Emmett I'm just a idiotic little girl it doesn't matter how long I've lived my mind is still a teenager.

 

The love he felt for me meant nothing! What he did is still unforgivable I lived thousands of years I know what I can forgive and what I can't.

 

Running through the hallways "Evlova Mantana" I spoke then I was running through my own home, straight up the stair case. Tears streamed down my face I'd taken all I could handle. "Evlana! What are you doing home?" Crystal asked with ease.

"I can't stay there"

"You need to go back" More tears streamed down my skin.

"No!" I told her as I created a wall of ice to block us " break it and i'll leave, add to the increasing number of death riden children" my voice was spitful and hurtful. What was coming out of my mouth was in the moment crap.

© 2012 Millie


Author's Note

Millie
not done.xXx

- first couple of paragraphs have now been edited and made better(ish)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe



Author

Millie
Millie

Portsmouth, Copner, United Kingdom



About
I'm 16 (almost). I write to express conflicting emotions. This enable to let me release them without feeling like there mine by putting them in different scenarios. I enjoy writing, but music is m.. more..

Writing
f**k knows yet f**k knows yet

A Story by Millie


Intentions Intentions

A Story by Millie


One One

A Chapter by Millie