My Mummy's Life.

My Mummy's Life.

A Story by Millie
"

A child dealing with her mother being slowly lost but mother and daughters bond stays strong.

"

She sat there sliently on the chair next to the hospital bed. She didn't say a word she just held her mother's hand in her tiny fingers. She sat so very sliently wearing a pink rain coat and wellington boots over a pale green dress with threaded floural designs and black tights. Every so often she would swing her legs softly under the chair.

 

The nurse wearing common nursing outfit slowly walked up to the child sat by her mother. She calmly placed her hand on the childs shoulder, she'd didn't move. Not even a flinch. "Rita darling we need your to anser so questions for us" she simple stated as they both watched the gir'ls mother. "Okay " She answered in a voice that sounded out of place.

 

"What do you need to know?" She sounded like a normal six year old but the intelligence no understanding in her voice was far beyond her years.

"Well we need to know more about your mother, about how you found her or if you like what was happening with your life and your mother's?"

"Thank you" the nurse looked confused "You talk to me like a grown up like mummy does."

"Why, does your mother not talk to you like the other's children's mother's?"

"No"

 

"Well Mummy talks to me 'bout her life before I was 'ere." Her mother was bent over the bath with sponge in hand. Rita stood by the door watcher her mother as she cleaned the bath tub. "Mummy, what happened to daddy?" It took most of Rita's courage to ask her mother that. Her mother turned slowly facing her daughter with a warm motherly smile spread across her face. "Well come closer if you want to hear the whole story Rita" Waving her hand towards her to encourage movement from Rita. She toddled over and sat down on the bathroom floor next to her mother Tia.

 

"Well your Daddy met me when I was mmm. . . let me think thirteen? Well anyway he was one year older than me. He had another person in his life when he met me. People like your Daddy always do" She rubbed Rita's leg then went back to cleaning and telling the story. "Just to my luck she broke up with him about two weeks after he met me properly."

"What do you mean properly Mummy"

"Well he knew me and we'd been out on social occasions so I guess what I meant two weeks after we were friends." Rita gave her mother a smile as if to say carry on. "By then we spoke and meet up regularly so something was happening with us I guess you could say. We developed feelings for each other that we both shared. After about a year he bucked up the courage and asked me out, undoubtedly I said yes. Then years passed we were ever so happy together. I fell pregnant with you when I was eighteen and gave birth a couple of months after my nineteenth birthday. Poor Aaron he was only twenty at the time. And wasn't ready to become a Daddy. So I decided to break-up with him it was the right thing to do at the time. So I told Daddy 'Your not ready and you need to stay away' It was best at the time, and I do regret not letting your daddy be apart of your life but it was what needed to be done at the time"

 

"Wow, I must say not many mother's would tell their six years old's that that"

"It's cause my Mummy knows I can handle it." She said turning towards her mother again. Her mother was strapped up with wires and tubes in her body keeping her alive while her body recovered.

"Do you know what could of caused your Mother to do that."

"I think I know but I don't want it to be true" She turned back to the nurse with her eyes watering with tears.

 

"You need to tell me sweet heart" the nurse crouched down beside her. Tears ran quickly down the child's face. She swallowed the saliva in her mouth. "Well it started year abit ago"

 

Tia sat on the sofa watching Rita as she played with her toys. The TV screen was blank, no dust laid any where in the room. Knock, Knock. An unfamiluar person was stood at the door. "Mummy it's a stranger" Called Rita pointing to the door.

"We don't know that yet Ri-Ri" Tia told her as she headed towards the door.

"Mummy! NO!" She shouted as she opened the door. Tia took no notice of the man at the door she just looked at the terror shown across her face.

"Hello, Tia" a voice all to familuar to her said. Tia's face shot straight back to the person at the door.

"No, No, No, what are you doing here? how did you find me?"

"I had to see my daughter." Tia tryed to close the door on him.

"Can't you just stay away? You weren't ready then! Well time didn't wait for you she's grown and you still won't be ready!" It took most of Tia's strength to keep the door partically shut. "AHHH" Rita screamed.

 

Tia let go of the door rushing towards Rita picking her up and craddling her in her arms. The door slammed shut. "Now can we talk?"

"You have an hour!" She said through the tears in her eyes. She kept Rita close to her person.

"I wanted to come back to see my daughter. I know you told me to stay away. I honestly understand why, I wasn't ready for a child. I was still a child my self."

"You were a child? I was nineteen! You could go finish your education go marry someone! I couldn't! I had to look after my beautiful baby girl, where were you? Yes I told you to stay away but you didn't even fight to stay!"

"I know"

"Did  I mean that little to you? Did we mean that little?"

"NO! I loved you! both of you! I never stopped. . ."

"Then why didn't you ignore what I said? Why didn't you?!" They carried on like this what felt like hours meaningless fights about what should of been done. But the past can't be changed now.

 

"After that Mummy had a cigeret' and then she cried. . . she cried for such a long time. Then when ever she spoke to Daddy on the phone she's have a cigeret' the take some tablet thingys"

"Well Rita,those tablet things were anti-depressants. Do you know what they are?" Rita shook her head. The nurse continued. "Anti-depressants are a tablet that's meant to make your mummy happier. Stop her feeling so sad." The nurse explained. 

"It didn't though, she still felt sad didn't she?"

"Yes, I'm sorry Rita." 

"It's Daddy's fault isn't?" 

"No Rita it's not anyone's fault" she calmly explained."


"But Daddy wanted to take me from Mummy I know that I heard him say so"Tia and Aaron sat in the front room with Rita by the door with out them knowing. "I just want to take her for a bit let her get to know her father"

"What father! As far as I'm concerned she doesn't have a father, her father wasn't willing to fight for her all those years ago. He's not now!" Tia spoke with such rage. 

"Well if her mother had given me the chance, maybe I would of!"

"Or maybe the first chance he got out he'd take!" She spoke spitefully. 

"Then daddy said that Mummy can't stop him then left" 


The nurse sat starring at the child slightly. She took a breath before asking, "When did this happen Rita?" 

"A couple days ago" 

© 2012 Millie


Author's Note

Millie
This isn't finished but i'd love to see what you think :))
The child spelling during the speech isn't meant to be spelt properly :))

Millie.xXx

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on August 4, 2011
Last Updated on March 11, 2012
Previous Versions

Author

Millie
Millie

Portsmouth, Copner, United Kingdom



About
I'm 16 (almost). I write to express conflicting emotions. This enable to let me release them without feeling like there mine by putting them in different scenarios. I enjoy writing, but music is m.. more..

Writing
f**k knows yet f**k knows yet

A Story by Millie


Intentions Intentions

A Story by Millie


One One

A Chapter by Millie