What Love Taught Me

What Love Taught Me

A Story by Minakshi_30

"Happy anniversary, love."Dad wished mom the very first second the clock hits 12.

"Oh, happy anniversary, my dear hubby."Mom said and hugged him.

All I could do was stand and admire their love. Their love is so pure, so eternal. After being married for 25 years they still look at each other as if they are newly wedded. God bless them.

I don't go and wish them as we already have a surprise planned for them and I definitely don't want to spoil it, So I go back to my room. As I go through my phone to view some WhatsApp status, the very first status catches my attention, Abdul! My first love, the man who taught me what love is! We don't talk anymore but still have each others contact, all we do is view each others status, that's it! As I stare more at the picture, my heart leaps. Man, I miss him so much! His picture still didn't failed to bring a smile on my face. I once again smile at myself and think about the time when I was head over heels for him. I loved him way too much and was very mad for him. I even confessed my love to him several times but that fool always said that I should concentrate on my career first. Still I never gave up and continued trying. It was not a mere crush that I would have gave up on, I f*****g loved him. LOVE! The word I strongly believed and cherished all my life and will continue to do so.

Me and Abdul were never a thing. I loved him and always knew that he only like me as a friend, it was never more than that but still I was happy to have him as my friend, I knew that I can share anything with him without being judged.

Everything was going well until there came a time when he started ignoring me and I hated that. I tried hundred times to bring everything back to the normal but things were not going right. There also came a time where I thought that I should give up on him, after all how many days was I going to go behind him to accept my love? Moreover somewhere I even knew that he will never accept it because of our religion difference. He being a Muslim and I being a Hindu, it's was totally different and would create a huge problem if by chance we would have got together. So I thought of it a lot and finally decided to give up.

I stopped thinking about him. I did everything that will distract me from his thoughts and that was the time when a old and a very good friend of mine, Amit, the one who knew everything about Abdul confessed his feelings for me once again. He did proposed me several times before but I never paid attention to it as I was always so engrossed in Abdul. Even this time I said no to him but I guess this time he was as stubborn as I was in the case of Abdul, because even when I said no he continued with his efforts, he never failed to bring a smile on my face. He made me feel so special as if I was the last girl on the planet and above all he accepted me knowing everything about Abdul.

It was my 19th birthday when I accepted his love because by then even I started to have feelings for him. It was my best and most memorable birthday, all thanks to Amit after all he was the one who made it special. I literally felt like a princess. And that's when I started my first relationship.

Like every relation it was all good in the start. I learned to love again. I learned that we should be with the person who loves us not with whom we love. Amit always made me happy and treated me well. He was little possessive and even I never minded that because I knew he is possessive towards me because he loves me. It was going well but unfortunately after some months we started fighting I guess something like black magic happened because it destroyed our relationship.

It hurt me losing him but what hurt the most was his arrogance and his ignorance towards me. What hurt me was his list of priorities where I was nowhere to be seen but his ex-girlfriend got the top most place. I kept on asking him the reason and he kept on saying that it's all my mistake. I asked him why did he even promised me a world he would never show me, why did he showed me false dreams and yet I got the same reply. I was beyond hurt reading his harsh replies. It was hard for me to believe that he was the same man I loved but eventually I accepted it. He almost made me hate love. He almost made me believe that there is nothing called love. But I was not a girl who would have hated the thing which she cherished for whole life just because of a heartbreak. I stood again and faced the world with a smile on my face starting a new life all again forgetting the rest and keeping the good memories with me.

That was the best decision I made, today I'm sitting here completely happy is just because the right decision I took. Our life is made by the decisions we take and hence it's our duty to take our decision wisely. Though Amit hurt me but still I don't have any grudges for him. I always wish the best for him but I will surely like to tell him that if he was not sure about me or about us, he should have never made an attempt to commit. Never mind, I'm happy now and will always be!

Author's note:

We all experience love when we are teenagers. That's the time when we first fall in love. In some cases it makes us believe that love does exists but it other it's completely different, sometimes it's the reason why one never believes in love. Well the girl in the above passage experienced both, One was Abdul who taught her what to do in her life and the other was Amit who taught her what to not! But she was lucky that she forgot everything and stood again not everyone has the ability to do that.

Lastly always believe that true love does exists it's just that you need to find the right person.

© 2018 Minakshi_30


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on November 30, 2018
Last Updated on December 22, 2018

Author

Minakshi_30
Minakshi_30

Mumbai , Maharashtra , India



Writing