A Dark World

A Dark World

A Screenplay by Chek
"

This is a pitch script of sorts for a world I created where Humans and Demons live side by side because both of the respected worlds have merged into one.

"
INT. SHED - NIGHT

JOSH REGAL, early 30's, wears a torn blazer and pants while he sits bloody and beaten tied to a chair. He spits blood onto the floor.

JOSH (V.O.)
I'm used to sitting in a chair.

INT. ZAZZARO'S BAR - NIGHT

Josh sits on a bar stool chatting with ZACK, mid 20's, wears a uniform with cut off horns protruding from his forehead. Josh sips a cup of coffee.

JOSH (V.O.)
From drinking at Zazzaro's.

INT. OFFICE - DAY

Josh sits at a desk and looks at paperwork. He talks to TERESA, early 20's, across his desk who also has paperwork in her hands.

JOSH (V.O.)
Going over cases with Teresa.

INT. INTERROGATION ROOM - DAY

Josh sits at a table interrogated by REGGIE, mid 30's, who wears a shirt and suspenders, with horns protruding from his forehead and chin. DAVID, early 30's, wears a blazer and a fedora and leans against a corner of the room.

JOSH (V.O.)
Getting hassled by David and his
demon partner.

INT. BEDROOM - NIGHT

Josh sits at the end of a bed with STEPHANIE, early 20's, inching toward him. Stephanie peels off her jacket and tosses it on Josh.

JOSH (V.O.)
Spending time with my succubus
wife.

He wraps the jacket around Stephanie's waist and pulls her in.

INT. DINING ROOM - NIGHT

Josh, early 20's, sits at a table and eats across from VANESSA, early 20's. He swallows his food and busts out laughing.

JOSH (V.O.)
And even going back to my former life.


INT. SHED - NIGHT

A muscular man picks Josh up. Josh spits blood into the man’s face and drops him breaking the chair legs. Josh stands and kicks the man across the face with a piece of the chair still attached. Josh is tackled by another man. He rolls placing himself on top and headbutts him, knocking him out.

JOSH (V.O.)
But you can only do so much.

TERESA (O.S.)
Couldn’t leave any for me?

Teresa wearing a business suit leans against the shed doorway.

JOSH
Above.

A woman from the ceiling drops onto Teresa. They struggle as Josh hooks his coat onto the broken chair causing his front pocket to rise to his chin.

JOSH (CONT’D)
I’m here if you need me.

Josh pulls out a cigarette with his mouth and stands up. He looks around himself as a lighter ignites in front of him. He puffs on his cigarette.

JOSH (CONT’D)
Now the ropes.

TERESA
You going to ask nicely for a
change.

JOSH
Not my cup of coffee. Speaking
of...

TERESA
In the car.

Teresa unties the ropes from his wrists. Josh pulls out the cigarette and offers it to Teresa. She glares at him as he pulls it away and takes another puff.

JOSH (V.O.)
Just another day in our world.

© 2015 Chek


Author's Note

Chek
This is very old which I only did a once over so critique as you will.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
Added on May 6, 2015
Last Updated on May 6, 2015
Tags: noir, pitch, coffee, detective, supernatural, demons

Author

Chek
Chek

Manassas, VA



About
I'm a screenwriter by default but I also like to write short stories now and again. I would love to eventually write a novel also. more..

Writing
Unlinked Unlinked

A Screenplay by Chek