Almost

Almost

A Poem by Miranda Rose

Almost

 

Your eyes fall upon mine, and I feel the heat rush to my cheeks.

Your arms wrap around me, and I feel a sense of security.

Your laugh rings in my ears, and I feel my heart beat in a sporadic rhythm.

I love.. Almost everything about you.

 

The way your smile brightens the gloom of surrounding pain.

The way your ideas penetrate the mold of society.

The way your heart wraps around those in need.

I love.. Almost everything about you.

 

Our talks of dreams and hopes of the approaching future.

Our cries of frustration about families ripping at the seams.

Our drives of music and a peaceful silence between us.

I love.. Almost everything about you.

 

 

The rush to my cheeks end as I see your gaze fall onto her eyes, replacing mine.

The sense of security fades as you wrap your arms around her and whisper, “I love you”.

The sporadic rhythm dies as the sight of your wedding ring and drags my heart to the bottom of an ocean of reality.

I loved.. Almost everything about you.

© 2010 Miranda Rose


Author's Note

Miranda Rose
I apologize if it seems choppy or distant. It was difficult to write this piece for some odd reason. Enjoy anyways =]

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh, this broke my heart. I fell in love with a man who was engaged to another woman. To him, we were just friends, but I loved him. I still do. Going to his wedding was unbelievably hard. This poem really got to me. It's a great write, not choppy or distant at all. Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Oh, this broke my heart. I fell in love with a man who was engaged to another woman. To him, we were just friends, but I loved him. I still do. Going to his wedding was unbelievably hard. This poem really got to me. It's a great write, not choppy or distant at all. Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
1 Review
Added on June 1, 2010
Last Updated on June 1, 2010

Author

Miranda Rose
Miranda Rose

About
I'm unsure of how to explain myself within this small box, but I suppose I can give you a brief summary. My name is Miranda, although "Rose" isn't my last name. I love to write, act, sing, read.. All .. more..

Writing
Time Time

A Story by Miranda Rose


Fear Fear

A Story by Miranda Rose


I Am I Am

A Poem by Miranda Rose