Time Waiting

Time Waiting

A Poem by Misa
"

Getting over someone

"

 

Time Waiting

 

Don’t ask that l be happy,

Or the girl l once was.

She’s lost to the world,

Floating alone amongst the clouds,

Grief every teardrop that doesn’t’ fall.

You let me go,

And now l’m free to fly

But anguish is a heavy weight on fragile wings,

And without you l think l might be broken.

I need you like l always have,

The rock that held me steady in fiercest winds,

And gave me the strength to fight alone,

But now it’s your turn to scream in darkness,

And it’s all l can do not to scream

For someone to set you free.

I’ll always want you back,

But it’s almost enough to know

That someday you’ll find

All things you’ve always looked for.

I’ll still laugh and smile,

But this isn’t the world l thought l knew,

And somehow it’s better to focus

On the things that don’t really matter.

 

Sometime between October & November ‘05

Laurie

 

© 2008 Misa


Author's Note

Misa
Another old one to revise :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sigh, why are some of the most moving pieces of poetry, deal with death? Either, of a close love one or that of a relationship gone past its time? Exposing the inner pain of our suffering to all. Unlike many other poems, you don't pretend that it will get better, or you'll stay the same person. Every relationship changes us as a person. That is what i like about the ending of your poem. Thank you for sharing this old and personal poem with us.

therisa

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i really like the last two lines. Focusing on the things that don't really matter.
sometimes we need that escape for our sanity. The only way to keep from screaming or clawing at ourselves when it feels that bad.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a sad and beautiful poem! I like the ending a lot. What I like most in this piece is how you capture the feeling so well.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A seemingly recurrent theme within your works is your assertions of past and present. You make no pretenses for the future to acquiesce or deny. The word I have brought to mind is "nostalgic," in the more literal sense of a portion of yourself being trapped within the past, and your current state being incomplete or torn because of it. As such, you retain a strength for continuance even when your words and thoughts seem vulnerable. This pervades your poetry and allows for a much more personal read.

Thematically, some of the best personal poetry I have read. You seem to have captured the emotion of loss and separation (particularly from yourself, and not vice versa) almost ideally, without seeming pretentious or pathetic. Hope to read more "old one[s] to revise" soon.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 21, 2008

Author

Misa
Misa

Canada



About
Writing. To me, it's been the one constant in my life, but also the most frustrating. Over the past 5 years, l would say it's been more nonexistent than otherwise, but never has the yearning - the ne.. more..

Writing
China Doll China Doll

A Poem by Misa


Ack...Untitled Ack...Untitled

A Poem by Misa