The Woman Who Would be Queen

The Woman Who Would be Queen

A Story by TheBlasphemousOptimist
"

I'm not really sure what to category to put this under. Maybe it's just a really long "About me section"

"
I am average in most ways. I have a common face, a larger than average body and an ordinary personality. I’m the kind of girl you can take to meet Mom and not be nervous about. I’ll have girl’s nights with your sisters and get along spectacularly with your brothers. I’ll speak politely to your grandmother and listen diligently to any advice your grandfather would like to give me. If you pass me on the street, I don’t look like anything special. You probably wouldn’t even notice I was there. For the most part, I am perfectly common. However, never mistake me for a simpleton. 

I am a girl living in a blue collar world, but my blood runs searing and red in my veins. I like to drive too wild with the wind in my hair and the music deafening….. Never mind it’s boyband music from the 90’s. I’m the kind of girl who lives a little too hastily. I forget to slow down, I forget that life is not a rush or a race. I am alive, and I like to feel that way. I am passionate and ice cold in the same treacherous breath, contradictory to the last. Though I may fight with you; never think for a moment that I won’t fight tooth and nail for you. I’m not the girl who you give red roses to. I’m not impressed by romance, but I will belt Adele the top of my lungs when I think no one can hear. My feelings are easily hurt, but not easily shown. I am iron, not gold and at the end of the day, there is sometimes dirt under those precious pink manicures.

Sometimes I forget that this path of mine is not mine to walk alone and, if you let me walk away I will never return. I won’t be looking over my shoulder for you and I won’t come back looking for you. I don’t want to be chased. Love is not a race….. I don’t even believe in it and when I run, I don’t want to be following you, I don’t want you to be chasing me…. I want you to keep up and run beside me, your heart beating in time with my own. I want you to know me so completely that you never doubt whose I am. I don’t want you on a leash at my beck and call, but I want you to understand me so entirely that you can tell what I’m thinking from a single look. I don’t need to be your whole world, but at the end of the day I want you in my bed. I want to fight passionately with you about what I believe in…. and I want to make up with that same white hot passion. I want to wander out into the middle of a field and stare at the stars for no other reason than to love the moment. I want to know what makes you tick, what makes you argue until you’re blue in the face and what makes you turn pensive. I want to know you in the darkest moments of your soul, when it’s just you and me against the world.

I don’t want a love story… that kind of love does not exist in the world that I live in. I want a companion for my soul. I don’t need to grow old with you, that is too much to ask… I want whatever time you will give me. Whether you are mine for a moment or a season, I want that paroxysm…. That ardor that sets my skin on fire like nothing else. I don’t care if you leave, you’re imprinted on my soul forever… Just this one moment… that’s all I ask.

© 2016 TheBlasphemousOptimist


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think by the time I get to the end of having read all your works, I'd be short of adulation to chant. I have to say this, I was deeply moved by this piece not cause of anything more than the obvious. I really enjoyed the way you effortlessly juxtapose every quality --good or seemingly not too good-- in a simple and mundane manner.

I enjoyed this because it tells a truth that even I can relate to. I think you're just starting your journey to happiness; and with the way you write, that journey is sure to be filled with (permit me to borrow your words) that ardor that sets your skin on fire like nothing else.

Never, ever, ever, ever stop writing.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 24, 2016
Last Updated on August 24, 2016

Author

TheBlasphemousOptimist
TheBlasphemousOptimist

FL



About
I'm a young writer, just starting to become comfortable with other people reading what I write, so be gentle :) I welcome any criticism you might have to offer, as well as advice and encouragement. Ho.. more..

Writing