Journey from Zero to becoming a hero

Journey from Zero to becoming a hero

A Story by Shraddha Pandey
"

was looking for a job; a job of any kind. He went through many incidents in his life: losing his parents at a very young age and losing his home because of his father’s debt. Alex used to spend nights

"
Once upon a time, there was a guy named Alex who was looking for a job; a job of any kind. He went through many incidents in his life: losing his parents at a very young age and losing his home because of his father’s debt. Alex used to spend nights on the road. He tried getting a job, but his efforts were worthless. One day, Alex decided to give it one more try and started looking for a job opportunity at nearby companies.

He entered inside a company and asked if the interviewers could conduct a round to recruit him. The receptionist agreed. After two days, on the day of the appointment, he entered the cabin of the boss named Richard. When Richard sensed that there was someone inside his cabin, he turned around and gave weird looks to Alex for which Alex felt bad. Nevertheless, Alex greeted him. Richard asked him to sit down.

After two minutes of silence, the manager started firing general questions like “Where are you from? What was your previous job? What changes can you bring to my company?” for which Alex answered very well.

Then, the manager said, “Tell me your email address.” Astoundingly, Alex looked at the manager and asked “What sir?”

The manager again repeated the same question.

Alex replied. “Email address? What is this? I’ve never heard of this term.”

The manager laughed and said, “You don’t even know what email address and you’re expecting I will give you this job. Really? In this era, you don’t know, what is an email address? I’m shocked. How can be a person so stupid? Your interview is done. You can leave.”

Alex said, “Sorry, sir. I will do whatever you will say. I really need this job.”

Mr. Richard screamed. “LEAVE!”

Alex stood up from there and left the place. For the next two days, Alex kept thinking what is this email address, I don’t have this. I don’t think anyone will offer me a job without this.

Then, an idea strummed his mind. Alex decided to do small jobs. He started washing plates in a restaurant. After five hours of this job, he joined another job to load cartons.

After a year, his financial conditions started improving. Alex stopped doing small jobs; he saved enough money and started his own business. After five years, he became very famous, and started recruiting people for jobs in his company. He was very satisfied with his job.

One day, one of his company’s friends came to him and asked him for his email address.

He said, “I don’t have an email address”.

His friend, surprised, asked “What are you saying, you don’t have an email address? Just think about it, without an email address, you have succeeded that much in life. . . What if you would have an email address? You will be more successful. Just imagine, if you would have created your mail id where would you have been?”

He smiled and replied, “If I had created an email address, I would be an employee in Mr. Richard’s company. I would not be there in front of you. There would be no company of mine. I would have worked under someone for the rest of my life. I’m blessed that I refused to create an email address and went with my own decision.”

© 2021 Shraddha Pandey


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this story. It's well-structured and has a classic feel to it. I think it would help an international audience engage more fully with the story emotionally if you added a few telling details that helped a reader who knows little about India what barriers Alex faced. That would help the reader identify with him.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
1 Review
Added on April 24, 2021
Last Updated on April 24, 2021
Tags: #life, #experiences, #struggles

Author

Shraddha Pandey
Shraddha Pandey

Bangalore, Karnataka, India



About
I like romantic, inspiring and a story full if experiences. more..

Writing