Include Diversity

Include Diversity

A Story by Hailey Hughes
"

Another Short Story.

"
So today this family came into the restaurant and while I was serving them, their son saw my Iron man and Captain America charms and said 'Avengers! I love the Avengers!' I smiled and asked who his favorite was, and he said 'Iron Man!' with such a conviction that I wanted to melt.
And then I noticed his hearing aids, and got excited. "Hey, you know Hawkeye's just like you, right? He has the same hearing aids!" And I swear to God the whole family just stopped.
As I explained that in the comic's, there's a Haweye that's Deaf, you could see the little boy's eyes just grow. His dad was so excited, he said he was going to find all the issues for the kids. And as I served them, I overheard their mom explaining that when one sense goes, the others get stronger, and that maybe their brother would be a super hero one day.
If there was ever a reason to include diversity, it is for the look on a child's face knowing they're not alone.

© 2018 Hailey Hughes


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on January 12, 2018
Last Updated on January 12, 2018

Author

Hailey Hughes
Hailey Hughes

Fort Worth, TX



About
I'm 19 years old. I like to read and write in my spare time. I usually write to express my feelings. more..

Writing
Him. Him.

A Poem by Hailey Hughes


LMAO LMAO

A Story by Hailey Hughes