N/A

N/A

A Poem by Hailey Hughes
"

Written by: Ruby Dhal Also written by Unknown

"
Fall in love 
With Someone who has the same meaning of love as you.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Did you ever think about how your words would affect me? How much damage they could do? You completely broke me. I thought you were the one person in my life who actually cared about me and my heart." 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"The worst is crying over a person that isn't even worth it, that doesn't even know how much they actually mean to you, the person that actually made you think you mean something to them."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I want you, don't you f*****g get it? I want you on your good days and your bad days. I want you when you're being a pain in the a*s or you're too busy. I want you when you're sick, or when you're feeling amazing. I want you even if you f**k up. Can't you see that? Can't you see that I unconditionally want you? I've wanted you everyday for the last year. Even when you broke my heart and hurt me. Even when I can't have you I want you. I could have so many other people, but I just want you. I want you, and I want you to want me back," she said as tears fell, built up in her eyes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"No, f**k that. I want you. I want to love you. I want to want you like no one else has ever before. I want to be the one you think about at 3 am and the one you wish was there at 5 in the afternoon. I want to be the one to make you laugh until you can't breath anymore and the only thing you have left is the short breaths you have to take in from your stomach hurting. I want to be the one to tell you how beautiful you are in any hour of the day and meaning it every time. I want to be the one to tell you that it's going to be okay. I want to be the one to have those "I love you more" conversations and still let you win at the end of the day just because I adore you. I want to be the one you look forward to talking to, not just the other way around. I want to be that person you'll share your deepest secrets with, the one you trust the most to let you cry and still hold you afterwards. I want you to let me love you, in every form and in every way. I want to be that person you let see your morning hair, that person who tells you that you're still the most breath-taking human even when you wake up. But most of all, I want to be that person in years from now who still looks at you as if you hung the f*****g moon and say, "yeah, that's mine."'
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"It's 6 am and, once again, I'm up thinking of you. I've been in this exact place so many times before, I'm no longer surprised when it happens. For years, I've been here; it's a familiar story every time. I close my eyes and there you are.
But I'm just so tired now. I've loved you my entire adult life; I don't know how to let you go, I don't want to, but I know I have to. I know that I will never be truly happy until I do. As long as I'm saving my heart for you, it'll never be my own."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"But 5 months later you'll sit drunk on the kitchen floor, texting him "Hey, I hope you're doing well. Your shirt is still here. I miss you." And he won't reply."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I decided to stop lying to myself, saying I don't miss you. I do. I miss you terribly, how could I not? We were too intense. too meaningful. And I know you miss me too. It's been hard for both of us, and I will never understand what went wrong between us,but I've also stopped trying to.
We hadn't talked in months, but two weeks ago you waited for me and asked if we could talk and even though you hate crying in front of people, you cried in front of me for the third time. You told me you couldn't bear the distance between us any longer, and I didn't know what to say. It took me two weeks to finally discover.
I observed you from afar today, and noticed you kept looking to the other side of the street, hoping you'd get to see me. We talked, and you showed me you still have all the mushy texts I've ever written about you. I guess we were too important to just drift apart like that, but I'm afraid of what might come next. You hurt me too much, and even though I've forgiven you, I cannot forget.
Despite of it all, we decided to get back in touch, and it felt just like before, like nothing had happened.
Your hair still has the same smell, our hands still fit perfectly together, love still exists in our eyes."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I don't mean for this to sound harsh but I really hope one day you realize that no one could ever love you like I have. I hope that ten years from now when you've had too much to drink and a hard day, I am the only one you think about. I will wait for you to call that night because the world will feel as if it's falling all around you and you won't be sure you'll know how to make it home and you know home isn't home without me so you will tell me you love me and I will silence you before you finish your sentence, because it'll be too late for that. I will remember how much it hurt to love you and I will tell you that I can't do it anymore. I will apologize and call you a cab. I'll give him your address because I know every single step up to your door with my eyes closed but you'll never heard from me again after that and I hope you're sorry and I hope this time it's you who's left with a wound everyday of your life to remind you that you couldn't love me like I deserved.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

© 2018 Hailey Hughes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on August 1, 2018
Last Updated on August 1, 2018

Author

Hailey Hughes
Hailey Hughes

Fort Worth, TX



About
I'm 19 years old. I like to read and write in my spare time. I usually write to express my feelings. more..

Writing
Him. Him.

A Poem by Hailey Hughes


LMAO LMAO

A Story by Hailey Hughes