Something I Have Learned

Something I Have Learned

A Poem by Miss Lizzie Emily
"

I’m neither old nor young, but I will tell you what I’ve learned. My advice is this:

"

Never smoke a cigarette, and don’t waste yourself by drinking.

By all means do things once�" but it’s not worth your time.

Read. A lot. Always.

Never be bored. You have no reason to be bored. The world today has too much to offer so take advantage of when and where you live and DO SOMETHING.

And learn. Never ever stop learning. Learning is the one thing that sets you apart from a rock. Know things and grow.

Realise that people care�" they really do�" they just don’t realise it either.

Realise that you care for others. Show it.

Communicate. Do whatever you can to talk and talk and repeat yourself.

Blog. Tweet. Facebook. Email. Text. Phone. Meet. Talk to yourself.

But don’t expect an answer.

Learn a language. Go to that country. Speak that language.

Love your parents. You have no idea how much they’ve cared for you.

Love your siblings. They taught you to share, and how to take an insult.

Get to know EVERYBODY. Everyone is interesting. The more people’s lives you’re in, the better. They will all remember you. You matter.

Do sports. Eat well. Exercise. Dance. Sing. Play. Do everything you can, before you can’t.

Stop being so sarcastic. Be enthusiastic. Jump up and down at the thought of doing Maths. Stop pretending it’s so horrible and boring, you know it’s awesome.

Love. Your. Body. It’s yours, your own. It’s the best tool you will ever have. You can do so much with it. Talk with it. Dance with it. Love with it. It’s amazing and fantastic and doesn’t deserve the abuse you give it.

Be spontaneous. 

Dye your hair once, and vow never to do it again.

Stop worrying about the future.

Stop missing the past.

You live HERE. You live NOW.

The only day that matters is the one that’s going all too fast.

Trust yourself.

You will be beautiful when you realise you ARE beautiful.

Don’t worry about what anyone thinks,

Because one day you’ll know that,

YOU ARE AWESOME.

© 2011 Miss Lizzie Emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

221 Views
Added on February 19, 2011
Last Updated on February 19, 2011

Author

Miss Lizzie Emily
Miss Lizzie Emily

London, London, United Kingdom



About
Somewhat a writer. Definite Nerdfighter. New years resolution: Finish a book. more..

Writing