The Words I Should Have Said

The Words I Should Have Said

A Screenplay by MissPonyo
"

The confession that SHOULD have happened

"
There are a group of people at the beach. It's nearly sunset and everyone is by the bonfire. Distracted by the toasted marshmallows and warm flames. No one in the group noticed their friend, Roger, walking off into the sunset. Except for Jane....
Scene 1: Sun Sets on My Life
Roger and Jane are together away from the bonfire and their group of friends.....
Jane: Roger! 

Roger: Jane! Hi!

Jane: The bonfire is getting warmer, why don't you join us?

Roger: In a minute, I just wanted to watch the sun set first.

Jane: (laughs) Are you trying to be sentimental right now? 

Roger: No, I just kinda wished I had someone to like right now. You know? Someone to watch the sunset with. 

Jane: Like...... a girlfriend? 

Roger: Yea, I mean at times I miss my ex but it'd be nice to have someone. 

Jane: But you CAN get someone. You just might need to widen your horizons a bit. 

Roger: Yea, but it's hard to find someone that can handle ME. 

Jane: Well I can handle you quite nicely myself so that's not an issue.

Roger: But you're a good friend of mine

Jane: And AS this good friend of yours I'm telling you that there is someone out there who likes you more than you think! 

(Roger turns to face Jane)
Roger: Okay, well what do I even say to a girl like that? 

(Jane looks at Roger straight in the eyes crossing her arms, and hesitantly begins talking)
Jane: W-Well, I mean she's gotta be a friend to you first right?

Roger: Sure. 

Jane: Then you say..... I like you. I've liked you for this long, and I know that we're good friends and all but you're everything I feel like I need to be happy. You're kind, wise, funny, and have a soft side that I'll always look after. Dating you wouldn't just be a privilege, it'd be an honor. Wherever you go I will always want to follow. Every word you say, I'll heed to listen because you're THAT important in my life. And I don't ever want to try to live it without you there doing something I love. Just being you. The way you are and all that you can be.

(Realizing she's been talking too much, Jane quickly ends the speech)
Jane: B-But uh yea, that's how I'll start out 

Roger:Wow......who's sentimental now? 

Jane: (awkward laugh) Yea, so, um, I'm gonna go back to the guys so after you're whole sunsetting thought, join us!

Roger: Wha- Wait! Have you ever used that confession before?
  
Jane: Well, No. The guy I kinda like shot me down. Basically friend zoned.
Roger: So he hasn't heard you're confession yet? 
Jane: Well, now he has. 
(Taking a minute to realize that Jane's confession was meant for him, Roger's expression turns from confused to surprised)
Roger: O-Ohh. Wow, so,.......was that what that was? A confession for me? 
Jane: It's the words I should have said to you a LONG time ago. But I have to stop thinking it's for you. 
Roger: What are you talking about? 
Jane: I like you Roger, more than I thought so. But to you I'm just a good friend who's best friends with your sister. I'll never look beautiful, sexy, or anything like a women to you. Every time I try to leave a good impression to you by the end of it all I'm thinking "what's the use?".  Because the way you see me will NEVER change. And I accept that now. Those are the words I should have said to you a long time ago, but the moment is in the past, and now I have to be okay with what we are in the future. Good friends, nothing more. 
(Sun sets, everything is dark)
END SCENE 

© 2015 MissPonyo


Author's Note

MissPonyo
Shhhhhh I got creative!

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
Added on July 21, 2015
Last Updated on July 21, 2015

Author

MissPonyo
MissPonyo

Santa Rosa, CA



About
There is NOTHING stronger than the mindset of protecting something or someone you really care about Love is no emotion, it's a power. Use it to lift someone up, or use it to destroy. So basical.. more..

Writing
Tangled Tangled

A Poem by MissPonyo


Oh My Love Oh My Love

A Poem by MissPonyo