Love and A Rose

Love and A Rose

A Story by Some Call Me Shari'...

 

Love and A wilted Rose met on the field of inevitability one day….in the very beginning of May.
Love cockily waltzed by A Rose… surrounded by an entourage, basking in her beauty and fame.
A Rose whispered to Love as she strode by, "Enjoy it now as yours and my fate are the same."
Love turned to A Rose and boastingly said, "I'm sorry that you've been forgotten, but they'll always remember my name."
And as Love turned to stride away A Rose said, "You're blindly intoxicated by the sound of your own name."
At this Love demanded of A Rose, "Be gone from me, your aura is teasingly wicked!"
A Rose laughed at Love and asked, "You think the essence of you is any different?"
Love then curiously asked A Rose to clarify… forthwith exactly what she meant.
A Rose obliged and simply said, "You aren't meant to last, like me, your days are spent."
Love denied their commonality and said, "You're crazy, I'm said to last forever and many days…."
A Rose chuckled to herself and said aloud, "Impossible, it's against the Creator's ways."
"…And just like me you'll wither away leaving others to mourn the time you stayed."
Love clutched her chest and accused A Rose: "You're jealous and begrudging of my pride!"
A Rose took hold of Love's hand and said, "If that were true, the world wouldn't need me to wither away and die."
Love backed away, and lost her footing as she realized the naivety of her youth…
And she thought back to past romances… and let sink in, the obviousness of inevitability's truth.
A Rose then embraced Love and whispered so softly that on they could hear,
"If you care to learn the meaning of my loss, from this day forward you'll have nothing to fear."
At these words Love began to sob… but then she angrily ranted,
"If I am created only to eventually embitter, then my vows must immediately be recanted."
To this A Rose wisely replied, "NO! You must strive to not be taken for granted!"
Love cried and cried and then in an instant it came to her what she must do,
"I'll make a vow to live to die if doing so will make those who behold me anew."
A Rose said, "I think you've got it, you ought to be proud of you."
 That's when Love looked up to A Rose and realized that her petals had been made new.
And that A Rose stood beaming at the sun, her stem and thorns brilliant…in perfect formation.
And Love realized that hope for her could withstand, if she's built upon the proper foundation.
And that she's actually created TO demise… and be born again… more faithful.
At the end of their discussion, A Rose shared with Love something she'd learned very early on,
"I've never been afraid to wither and die" she said "knowing I'd return in perfect form."
 Love then took A Rose's hand and they strode off together into inevitable abyss…
Expecting only the well deserving to know... why they should never be missed.

© 2008 Some Call Me Shari'...


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Such a fairytale of a story, so very endearing and enchanting. I was so drawn into its softness of dialogue and uncompromising language.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 21, 2008

Author

Some Call Me Shari'...
Some Call Me Shari'...

Atlanta, GA



About
You may write me down in history With your bitter, twisted lies, You may trod me in the very dirt But still, like dust, I'll rise. Does my sassiness upset you? Why are you beset with gloom? 'Cause I .. more..

Writing