The son

The son

A Story by Soraya
"

last April , we had a military plane crush in my country Algeria, more than 250 young soldier had died, families lost their sons. What will happen for those families? Depression? Here is a glance...

"
The son
She is a woman of a high taste, she speaks with punctuation, she stops between two ideas, letting the other makes an exclamation, she whispers sometimes things to herself, she thinks softly of her absent husband, he works, she always says when one of his cousins asks her:
" Imad, waynou? Where is he?"
His main work is to be absent, she attends the family weddings for him, listening to his mother praising him:
_My son is my best son.
Sometimes, she wants to say:
_Old lady, you have just one kid, of course he is your best, but you could've done better, your nasty absent son is the worst son ever.
But she doesn't say that, instead she maybe mumble :
_ True, such a bliss to be his wife.
Then she goes silent, she watches the party, there will be wind coming from the open window asking her charmingly:"come dance with me" ,so she invites the wind in, but he will say: no, come , that room where you are is so small, come to me, we will have the sky, we will dance forever.
She refuses to throw herself out of the window to dance with the wind, she will try an other year, maybe her husband will change, maybe he will be present, maybe he will dance with her one day, so she will keep the hope.
At the end of the party, she went back home, facing his photograph, the son , the son forever, with glorious name Imad, is there standing in his military outfit smiling , the nasty son and husband , is there silent forever.
She took the photo between her hands, and she said:
Today, Fataha got married, as your cousin Houria did last week, I'm being there for you to remind the whole family that you've existed, that you and your friend Ramzy really existed, even if that nasty military plane had crushed, and killed both of you and all of you, I'm going there making people see me as you, but you know what they see: only the military plane crush that killed and made you absent in their weddings.
She put the photo back in its place, she opened the window feeling hatred , she hated him because he left her so early , she is a new bride but because of him she is now a new widow.
The wind whispers again: come dance with me, solitude is unbearable.
She looks to the photo, she knows he will be always absent, like his friends, the wind kissed her lips : come, it whispers.
And she whispers back: he works, he will come back.
But it seemed that dancing with the wind is what left for her to do.
Soraya

© 2018 Soraya


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Someone's absence can kill a heart every second...but doesn't let the heart die...and it keeps witnessing the harsh world all alone!!
Glory to such military wives who sacrifice and strangle their dreams just to make their partner's duty fulfilled...
Where military gets a salute why their lifelines doesn't....Salute to both of em!
Thanks for sharing this amazing!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Soraya

5 Years Ago

Thank you Tahsin, you're my first reader, it means a lot for me
¿

5 Years Ago

You're heartedly welcome friend😊



Reviews

This is absolutely amazing. By the end of the first sentence you had me completely engrossed in what you were portraying. I immediately wanted to know more about the narrator and her husband first. As more characters were introduced I wanted to learn more about them as well. I wanted to know what kind of people they were, and whether or not they were decent people or not. It was clear that there was unspoken history making up who Soraya was. This really set a realistic feel to not only your characters, but your storyline as well. I would also like to point out the surprising and deeply painful ending. I never even thought that her husband was absent because he was dead. This is such an amazing perspective on women married to those who serve for this country. Well done.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Soraya

5 Years Ago

I just loved your review
Eve

5 Years Ago

Thank you.
I liked how you expressed her emotions so vividly. This is what the absence of a loved one can do.
A good write. Keep it up!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Soraya

5 Years Ago

Thank you Ayesha!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Someone's absence can kill a heart every second...but doesn't let the heart die...and it keeps witnessing the harsh world all alone!!
Glory to such military wives who sacrifice and strangle their dreams just to make their partner's duty fulfilled...
Where military gets a salute why their lifelines doesn't....Salute to both of em!
Thanks for sharing this amazing!

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Soraya

5 Years Ago

Thank you Tahsin, you're my first reader, it means a lot for me
¿

5 Years Ago

You're heartedly welcome friend😊

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
3 Reviews
Added on June 22, 2018
Last Updated on June 24, 2018
Tags: Algeria; Plane crush; military;

Author

Soraya
Soraya

Annaba, Algeria



About
Soraya is my name, I'm Algerian, a life time learner, I love to do what makes me feel the Joy. http://algerianstories.blogspot.com/ more..

Writing
Sweaty face Sweaty face

A Story by Soraya


Love Love

A Story by Soraya


Fried potatoes Fried potatoes

A Story by Soraya