The Man and His Lamb

The Man and His Lamb

A Story by MistyMaisy

The Man and His Lamb

There was once a big, strong, intelligent man, who liked to explore the world. On one of the man's adventures, he found a lamb. This lamb was not an ordinary lamb, as this one caught the mans eye like none had before her. The man knew this lamb was special and asked her to join him on his journeys, and of course, the lamb accepted. The lamb also knew the man was special, and instantly fell in love with him.
On their journeys together, the lamb often got discouraged and wondered if they'd ever get to their destination, as the strong man said there was rumored to be a fountain of eternal happiness, and he had to find it, if only to witness it. Along the way, the man encouraged the lamb that they would get there eventually.
After a year of travel, nights without sleep but full of tears, the man and his lamb found the fountain. It was elegant and beautiful, with a tree in the middle of the fountain and bright, beautiful flowers surrounding the stepping stones to go gaze at the fountain a bit more personally. The man walked towards the fountain, but felt no different than usual. After a moment of frustration, he realized he didn't need a fountain to make him happy.
"My little, meek lamb... I was mistaken. I do not need this fountain to make me happy, for you have been my own personal fountain for this past year. Lamb, I think I have fallen for you."
It was at that moment the lamb took a drink from the fountain. In the blink of an eye, the lamb had transformed into a woman. The man gazed in amazement, then whispered "I love you." The woman smiled, kissed the man on his cheek, and said "I love you, too. Since I first met you."
The fountain was then renamed "The Fountain of Love", and the man kept his fountain with him forever.

© 2013 MistyMaisy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on December 20, 2013
Last Updated on December 20, 2013
Tags: man, lamb

Author

MistyMaisy
MistyMaisy

SC



About
I am..A girl. :D I'm a girl that doesn't really care what she looks like. X3 I'm not afraid to go outside in my pajama's and my hair a mess, or without my "daily wash" if I really have one. The most .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by MistyMaisy