My sweet escape

My sweet escape

A Story by Mitchell_gerry
"

Just something I wrote after one of my favourite books.

"
Through clean white pages I escape this world in a sense of ecstasy. It's not just a book, it's a new world, a better world. I become a part, engraved, one with this story of love, lust, death, defeat, and yet, the slightest glimpse of victory. As the pages flip, my heart races, my eyes well with tears for the fictional characters before my eyes. They're more than that. I put myself there, in their shoes. I feel their emotion, a pang of hurt to my heart when they hurt, when they cry. It's an escape from the world that I call home. I pick up the book and flip through the pages, drinking in the words like a fine glass of wine, slowly, enjoying every taste, smell, sight that I picture purely from the words. It's like the second the book is opened I'm whisked away to a place were I'm safe from the people, and the hurt of my every day life. But then the inevitable happens, I read the last few words of my wonderful book, my sanctuary, my haven, I feel broken. Like I've been ripped from a home that cares for me. My book is over, my sanctuary gone, taken from me. I sit there, looking at the last line, and wish it continued forever, wish I could be in the book instead of in my own life, full of complication and sorrow. But I can't, so I close my book and set it carefully on the shelf where it will sit until one day I pick it up to read again, to escape once more. For now I guess I will return to my life, with the responsibilities and enemies, my own little story, that writes itself new pages every day. And hopefully in my dreams, I will be able to see the images I pictured when I read that one book. I guess the book seems better than life because I can see the conflict resolved. I read the rise, the climax, the conflict ringing so loudly, that I can barely help but hold my breath till my face goes blue, but then the conflict is resolved, is fixed, the hero wins. Maybe I just want my conflict to end, my climax to reach, and my problems resolved, to no longer wake up and worry about the day. But at the end of my life, like the end of my book, I'm sure I will look back with sorrow filled eyes. Wishing that the last page of my life, the last line, the last word, just... Won't.... End.....

© 2014 Mitchell_gerry


Author's Note

Mitchell_gerry
Let me know what you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on July 19, 2014
Last Updated on July 19, 2014
Tags: Books, escape, life, stress

Author

Mitchell_gerry
Mitchell_gerry

Surrey, British Columbia , Canada



About
I'm just a nineteen year old kid really. Living, loving, but lonely. Lost. And working through every day awaiting the next, trying to survive. more..

Writing