Ascend (Oblivion)

Ascend (Oblivion)

A Poem by Miz6ry
"

This is the unedited version of my short story/poem thing. To be totally honest I don't know what any of these are. So I prefer to call them pieces.

"
picture this.

you're sitting in your bed. you elegantly start too rise, more and more into the sky starting your deep ascend into some known, but most unknown. you will be the first too witness what you are about to see. this may drive you mad. but like any other genius idea, it comes with sacrifice. 

you start too rise. up into the sky, everything gets smaller and smaller. you don't know what's going on, and it terrifies you. you scream, only too find a  dull echo of your plead for help. suddenly, you break past the earths atmosphere. you look around, still ascending to see satellites and dark, still shiny silver debris, which really isn't debris at all. Rather a piece of scrap metal starting its everlasting journey of staring at the gorgeous planet that lies before you. your planet.

You stare, gaze upon the beauty of the blue planet. lucky for you, it's night from where you come from. you look, with wonder and a twinkle in your to see the dark face of this marble in the sky, see all the luminous nights lighting up the sky you used to stare at and wonder with delight. you slowly start your ascend again. starting your journey once again.

you escalate. up into the galaxy, staring at all the suns you come across. some near, some far. you fix your gaze upon the angelic purple star dust, run your fingers through it, you breathe it in to feel the dark and light matter. to feel the darkness coursing your veins, breathing in every giant ball of fire that has gone into oblivion. you feel powerful. 

After this, display of the power of the human race. you think to yourself, what am i doing right now? frightened you start your panic when it finally clicks.
maybe this is a dream?
you pinch yourself. it doesn't work.
you hit yourself. it doesn't work.
you cry. which although makes you feel better, doesn't wake you up. 

"it's a vision. it must be."
 that's what you lie to yourself. 
whatever gets you through the night.

and once again, you start your ascend.

you fly past a meteorite storm, only getting pelted by little rocks. 
"Do you think these rocks carry life?"
you think to yourself. you remember watching that documentary which you can't quite remember the title to. but, you remember possibly the only piece of useful information that was said during. you remember the man, who's voice is pierced into your mind, telling you that life could indeed have traveled to the earth from meteorites. and so, you spit on the rocks. you look down upon the new life. rather than staring with wonder and nurturing the rocks, you smash them. but hey, it isn't hurting you right?

you take off, once again. soaring past the solar system. you stare at all the galaxies. it dawns upon you.  finally you  learn how truly small you are. you can't even find the point you rose upon. you can only stare at the purple and blue galaxies your pathetic life rose up from. you cry, you pout. thinking it's going too change how insignificant you really are. sorry kiddo, crying changes nothing.

and, with tears streaming down your cute little face. you ascend. but this time. oh, this time you don't know what's coming for you. you don't know what's beyond the solar system? another solar system? no that couldn't be you think to yourself. and with that thought. you lay down into the abyss. you're sitting in oblivion. 

You realize why you are here. you realize that you've lost the desire to explore. lost the desire to do anything. To live? to leave the house and to love. you remember every regret you ever have. you regret not hanging with those friends when they told you that very interesting story followed up by the same old phrase you never really get tired of hearing.
"you should have been there."
oh, how you never get tired of hearing that one. 
you regret breaking those rocks. you wonder if the life on those rocks had a stronger desire  to live than you. only to realize, you never had that desire in the first place. 

you've lost the desire to do anything. this trip. reminded you of everything that has been forgotten. and like the stardust, the galaxies, and the stars. you are sent to oblivion. with only one thing that could happen to you. you lived, you loved, you forgot.

sadly, one thing is left for you. like this story, like everything you just witnessed, like me. 

you will be forgotten.

© 2015 Miz6ry


Author's Note

Miz6ry
Ignore Grammar, wrote in ten minutes! Please, read my bio if you enjoyed this. Hell, even look at my bio if you did not, that should explain everything.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on June 13, 2015
Last Updated on June 13, 2015
Tags: oblivion, space, fantasy, sci-fi, hatred, human, forgotten

Author

Miz6ry
Miz6ry

Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta , Canada



About
truly, I don't really know anything about myself. The more I think I know about myself, the more questions I have for myself. I have so many different voices in my head, and people are always tell.. more..