let my people go

let my people go

A Poem by Servant
"

Wrote it this morning after I heard about the acquital of the cop that killed a black man in America. I am a proud South African...living in unfortunate racist air. Lord have mercy.

"

“Let my people go”- Mmaphete Moloto
I am not even shaken by this words.🤣🤣🤣 they are never going to hear us. Your screams are dead. Like your dreams. They are dead. Held between the free arm of your master as he loads his gun with the other. Put down your anger and kneel before the only one who can save you. Lay down your protest until He comes to save you. Israel you are still in Egypt and Moses is dead. Tell your kids to keep dreaming, some make it. Israel you are dead, waiting only for our messiah to haunt our enemies. Light up your eyes, let them come alive. Maybe solace might be found in the words. Prey your hunter seeks your blood to shed. Only for his children to lie awake crying for their lost pet. Worm your way into their hearts. Only to be forgotten when you speak your mind. You are the night, yet they only see the stars and the moon that you bring. You are the animal, yet they only see the fur coat made of you. You are dead to them but please don't be dead to yourself. They hunt you like a lion out for its next meal, but maybe not even like that because at least the lion eats its dead meat.
They eat us while we are still alive and leave our dead bodies out to rot.
I hate calling my enemies *they* but they don’t have names now’
All say they are my friends until they have a bullet lodged in my heart
Do you suppose that is my friend's way of showing me love?
I'll never know because I am dead to them
Put a name to your face
I am tired of fighting blindly
Put a tag on your “ I love black people’ speech
I need to know the terms and conditions

Put your gun down for a second
And “let my people go”

© 2017 Servant


Author's Note

Servant
Please review. Thank you so much for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on June 17, 2017
Last Updated on June 17, 2017

Author

Servant
Servant

Eastern Cape, WA, South Africa



About
Christian, lover of words, #John1:1 more..

Writing
Burned Burned

A Poem by Servant


Feminist? Feminist?

A Poem by Servant