Hospice

Hospice

A Poem by Moflo
"

Morbid much?

"
The windowless room;
The end is near, we're told.
Days are not days,
And nights are not nights,
And time is not time
For the sun is blind
Beyond the stone walls,
And invisible, therefore
Invisible to me too
Is time! And now
There is no dark,
There is no light,
There is just a candle
Glowing endlessly,
Withholding a snuff
By dancing feverishly
Against a gray backdrop.

© 2011 Moflo


Author's Note

Moflo
Just wrote this, could probably be re-worked.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

your descriptive prowess here through composition is vivid and penetrating~ the word choices strung together in this particular pattern elicit a response on all sensate levels~ where the words create not just visuals but sounds and scents around the aura of the content~

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Mike this poem hit close to home. My great grandparents raised me, so they were a lot older than most parents obviously. My senior year my great grandfather got sick and had to be admitted to the hospice ward in the hospital. You described the bleak atmosphere that is accompanied with this ward and how most hope is sucked away from you. You brought tears to my eyes.

Posted 13 Years Ago


very cool poem

Posted 13 Years Ago


Dark, yes, but true....beautifully mastered love! A graven image, chilling really! xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


This was a very strong write, and I think you could make it better. I really, really loved it though.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I think you did a great job on capturing how it must feel, when you know you are there just to die. The dark, probably lonely feeling where time doesn't really matter anymore and there is nothing now to hope for.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is kinda dark, but I LOVE the tone and your word choice. The last three lines are a deal sealer, for me. =) Very cool poem.
KH

Posted 13 Years Ago


A depiction of nothingness. Nothing to look forward to but the end. Well penned

Posted 13 Years Ago


Ugh... I truly hate anything associated with death... especially Hospice, for all the reasons you stated. But my mind kept drifting to life in general when reading this. Like a deathbed where people scream at you that the end is near and days are not days and nights are not nights, and time is not time... where there is just a candle withholding a snuff... loved that part. You remind us of the eventuality that awaits.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Reads like the last scene of a book where you don't intend to write a sequel.

I like those kinds of endings.

Great job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Good description...dark as it should be...you forgot the part about how people talk to you like you are a three year old or like you are a retard....I hate when people do that. Great job.

Posted 13 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

339 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 17, 2011
Last Updated on May 17, 2011

Author

Moflo
Moflo

NY



About
I am a 26 year old recent college grad trying to establish myself. Recently moved back to NY from Pennsylvania and looking for work. Now working on becoming an English teacher. more..

Writing
Gift Horses Gift Horses

A Poem by Moflo



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Midnight Ink Midnight Ink

A Poem by Robin


Saxicolous Saxicolous

A Poem by OT