Love At Sunset

Love At Sunset

A Story by Mohab El-Sobky
"

Just a love confession from a childhood friend

"

  " This can't be true. He couldn't have said that" Said the girl, who was sitting on the bench. Gazing with a pale face and an expression of a one who had seen a ghost. "Maybe I misheard him. But it seemed so clear that he said it. Oh.I don't know what to do." She put her face in her hands. Trying to remember and assimilate what had Just happened half an hour ago.

  She was Just getting out of the door of the university with her childhood friend. Just walking side to side, chatting, laughing. Just like any ordinary day in this life. But this changed in a matter of seconds. Just before her friend faded away, he said a very simple phrase. That could change ,not her day only, but her whole life. He said to her, with a very trembling and nervous voice. "I love you".

 

    At this particular moment. She was just pinned to the ground, and just stood there shocked, like a statue made of ice. Then she gathered all her power to sit in this place. With no power to speak. Yet has a million thoughts on her head. " what if he meant it in another way." She thought again to her self. " We knew each other for a long time. Maybe he just meant that he loved me like his sister. Yeah that's what he meant. Or not. I don't have anything on him. He's sweet, funny, handsome. He's just all what a girl would ever want. But I never thought of him in that way. Or did I? I just can't think straight. Oh What to do? Should I call him and ask him about what he meant. Or should I wait for tomorrow ask him?"

 

    With all these thoughts she sat there. Maybe she was sitting here for a hour. Maybe more, maybe less, but it felt like a decade for her. Just lost her sense of time and place. The only thing she felt was a hand being placed gently on her right shoulder. Opening her eyes, looking to her side, she slung back like she saw a monster. But it was him, sitting there with a gentle smile on his face.

 

    " Hey, I called you to see if you were okay. But you didn't pick up. So I came here searching for you." She just sat there, without a single word out of her mouth. Also with the same horrified expression on her face. A moment of silence was broken by him saying. " Listen, I know that I said it in a rush. I know you weren't prepared for it. But I've been holding it for too long now. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings."

 

     Then silence came back. She sat there speechless. Every time she tried to talk the words melted on the tip of her tongue. At last she gathered all the courage she had in her last cell. She said at last."Did you really ummmm m-mean it?"  He said with a little smilewith a look in her eyes. " We know each other too well. I think you would tell if I was lying in the first instant." 

 

A long moment in a great silence. Staring in each others eyes. It was sunset when it was all settled. She threw herself in his arms. He embraced her while both looking in the sky. She said. " Were you holding it for too long?" He said " For too long darling. Too long." She tried to say another word. But interrupted with her beloved's lips in hers. then said after a long, wonderful moment. " Don't speak my dear. And feel the magic of love running in your veins." They looked in the sky. Feeling the could take the world. With their love. 

© 2012 Mohab El-Sobky


Author's Note

Mohab El-Sobky
Please feel free to comment and criticize in all ways. Sorry for the grammar errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked the story.
"Don't speak my dear. And feel the magic of love running in your veins." They looked in the sky. Feeling the could take the world. With their love. "
I like the honest tone and the conversation. You led the reader to a very good ending. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


A beautiful and moving story, I would love to see more...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 6, 2012
Last Updated on December 7, 2012
Tags: Romance, Love, Sunset

Author

Mohab El-Sobky
Mohab El-Sobky

Alexandria , Egypt



About
Well, I don't have much of experience in writing. But my friends says I got talent. I read a lot. I just need to know if that was true :). If true I need some advice about my techniques. more..

Writing