Shattered

Shattered

A Poem by Throughpaincomesbeauty
"

Life events through my eyes

"
Shattered -
She sits in sadness and the only light she sees is when her anxiety attack is full and the lights from her head being so dizzy and breath so short, flickers through her eyes. She's been hurt over and over. Feels like her life is made of glass that has long been shattered. She tries to pick the pieces up but has no protection and she bleeds each time. She continues to try. The scars on her heart show but are the ones unseen to the eye but here is where the shattered pieces of glass lie. There are times she sees a glimmer of what she thinks is hope, but turns out to be her tears creating a reflection off the broken pieces of her life. Until she sees herself laid across the thousands of broken glass, she looks around and realizes in the newest glimmer of hope, the walls that once made her feel whole have already been shattered and torn down around her and she could walk over the broken pieces. While a little pain will surly come from the shattered pieces of her past and from moving on, she walked over those shattered walls. Her path lit by a tiny spark of this new hope in her heart, that will grow into a flame and she began to build her new life. This time her walls would be made of steel because she refuses to ever be broken again.

© 2017 Throughpaincomesbeauty


Author's Note

Throughpaincomesbeauty
I am new to this. I have only shared my writtings with my notebook. It is therapeutic and appreciate any feedback positive or negative just be kind.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

learned from them...That's good and keep moving ...humans always hurts..be strong....

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
1 Review
Added on June 19, 2017
Last Updated on June 19, 2017
Tags: #life #hope #poems #poetry #begg

Author

Throughpaincomesbeauty
Throughpaincomesbeauty

Salisbury, MA



About
32 disabled Vet, single mother. Been dragged through the mud, tested, tempted, put down, hurt, and abused but yet I still stand. more..

Writing