The feel of I love you

The feel of I love you

A Poem by Just A Passion For Writing

I love you/ You smile bright at me/ The I, cartwheeled across my tongue, flipped over my teeth, and somersaulted right out of my lips/ The rest scrambled, uncoordinated like a newborn foal, trying to catch up/ The pause that followed made me quiver/ Then you kissed me. 

 

I love you/ The burning anger set in your face/ Evaporated the words before they could hit the ground/ I love, slithered out through my mouth slowly like oil, leaving a film of a memory/ The you, followed so quickly it didn't have time before it crashed into the first two words/ A fiery mess splayed out between us/ Until you slammed the door behind you. 

 

I love you/ The mirror image reflected in your eyes/ A drop fell upon your face/ I love you, fanned across your face as I leant in for a hug/ The phrase cut the inside of my mouth to shreds/ Shards of memories, so close in resemblance to glass, fell all around us/ It sliced through me leaving me bloody and gasping for reality/ I turned from your coffin with a piece of me left with you. 

© 2017 Just A Passion For Writing


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on November 29, 2017
Last Updated on November 29, 2017