Don Trumpeone: a play in one act

Don Trumpeone: a play in one act

A Story by Montag
"

"

Don Trumpeone: a play in one act

 



Scene: sidewalk café, checked tablecloths.  Rocco sits with young son, waiting. 


Enter Don Trumpeone.  He carries himself regally, white linen suit coat draping off his shoulders, patent leather shoes.  He sits.  A radio plays a scratchy recording of Paolini’s Il Buffone.


Don Trumpeone:  Haven't seen you around Rocco, where've you been hiding?  You know, people are starting to talk, that you're on the outside too much.  Maybe you mix in more with your friends, get your beak wet with this or that or the other thing. 


(leans forward): Word is you got a subpoena.  That you're thinking of singing a song, like a canary.  To Il Magistrato.


(temper flashes):  On subjects that are none of your concern! 


(taps his temple):  Think, Rocco.  Be smart.  You do for us, we do for you, isn't that how it's always been?  We tell you to say, and you say it.  Why make a problem if there isn't one.


(stands):  Cute kid.  Six, seven?  Enjoy your children, that’s what I always tell people.  You never know when something awful will happen to one of them. 


Exit Don Trumpeone.  The radio plays on.


(curtain)

© 2024 Montag


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on January 16, 2024
Last Updated on April 18, 2024

Author

Montag
Montag

Inside My Head, CA



About
more..

Writing
Quietus Quietus

A Poem by Montag