A Sunday Morning

A Sunday Morning

A Story by babymool
"

Just a short writing on a Sunday morning.

"
I woke up to one of those rare after-rain morning with the feeling that I brought together with me to sleep�"hunger.

From the corner of my eyes the clock read 9.35a.m.. Oh no! I'm gonna be late for cell group, I thought. Then I was broadcasting over Whatsapp about how i had fallen asleep with both my iPad and iPhone charging under my pillow, after which I came to realization that it wasn't '9.35' that I saw, but '6.45'!

Usually I would have gone back to sleep again, but at the moment, the hunger was a bit extreme, plus I needed to pee quite badly. So i got up. As I deciding of what to tackle my hunger with, I couldn't helped but notice the extreme silence from the outside world.

And since my instant noodle was still shimmering in the pan, I walked out to the living room and peep outside through the gap of the balcony siding door.

I was mesmerized.

A sudden burst of tranquility swept over me with a gentle swoosh. I slid back the door close, get my spontaneous breakfast all ready and carried a stool right in the centre of the door seam. To be honest, I would rather be sitting out over at Starbucks, with a big mug of soy latte and butter croissant, but I knew that even if I could get to the nearest Starbucks there is, I might miss the moment.

Never I had done this before, nor thought of doing it. In the midst of the sky brightening up in a delayed speed and the crisp morning air, my plate of Indomie and two sunny side-ups tasted almost as good as what would have come out from a restaurant.

I couldn't help but feeling so comforted. By what, I didn't know. Then I started singing and humming to the Come Holy Spirit, and I could feel the peace of God that swept all over me when the next breeze sent a shiver throughout my whole body.

Despite my lack of sleep for the past weeks and sore eyes i got from sleeping with the ceiling light turned on the whole night, I was captured in an endless, unexplainable feeling.

I sat still for a few minutes to register the beauty of semi man-made scenery of buildings and constructions.

The time�"I held it still with me.

08.09.12

© 2012 babymool


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on September 9, 2012
Last Updated on September 9, 2012

Author

babymool
babymool

Singapore, Asia, Singapore



About
I'm thinking... more..

Writing
Love Love

A Poem by babymool