Night at the Dance Hall

Night at the Dance Hall

A Story by MoonBean
"

Two friends stake out a supposed Haunted House.

"

"Are you sure this is the right place?" Phil asked, opening the door an inch.


"Sort of."


"Sort of? That's not sure enough for me Dawne." Phil looked hesistant, worried even.


"Oh come on. Live a little." Dawne pushed the door wide open and stepped inside. "Are you coming or not?"


Phil sighed. "Fine but just so you know, I am not happy about this."


"Yeah I get the picture." Dawne answered dryly.


Dawne stopped to take in her surroundings. There was an old piano at the back of the room, it was dusty and had a few keys missing, and she'd hazard a guess that it'd be untuned aswell. A wall of mirrors lined the other side of the room, with bars attached to the walls. This room had obviously been used as a Dance Hall once.


"Lets stay here. I imagine it could get pretty spooky in a place this big." Dawne suggested.


Phil didn't answer, he was still looking sceptically around the room as if expecting something to pop out and scream BOO in his face.


"Yes Dawne, thats a great idea. Why didn't I think of that? You are so smart!" Dawne mimicked Phil when he didn't reply.


Phil scowled at her. "It is spooky in here, okay?"


Dawne tsked. "Philip Chavis you are without doubt the biggest wuss I have ever met."


" Whatever. Lets look around a bit more before settling in one place." Phil tried to sound confident.


"Perhaps theres a kitchen nearby." Dawne wondered, as she edged toward a door different to the one they'd came in through.


"Why? You hungry? I know you're a bit of an adrenaline junkie, but I don't think even you would want to eat anything thats stocked in that kitchen. Who knows how long it's been since anyone else was even here?" Phil counselled, but followed Dawne anyway.


"I think you're being over-dramatic. It's hardly going to be that dangerous--" Whatever Dawne was about to say was cut off, as she tripped over a mop and bucket that had been left in front of the door.


"Euh" Dawne moaned, as she kicked the bucket aside. "At least it was empty."


"Are you okay?" Phil crouched down next to her.


"I think I sprained my ankle, I'll be fine though. Nothing serious." Dawne grimaced.


"You win then. No looking round. We'll stick to that dance hall." Phil gave in.


"Fantastic." Dawne grinned triumphantly.


Phil easily helped Dawne back through the door, and they both leant against the wall once they were sitting.


"Youre going to be well pissed if you don't see any ghosts now aren't you?" Phil asked.


"Hell yeah. Then I got hurt for nothing!"

© 2011 MoonBean


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on January 13, 2011
Last Updated on January 13, 2011

Author

MoonBean
MoonBean

Luton, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom



About
I'm Quiet and Shy. I like to read, and more recently I like to write. I'd love to go travelling one day. more..

Writing
The Park The Park

A Story by MoonBean


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by MoonBean