Brutus

Brutus

A Poem by Mistress of the moon

‘Brutus’
The name means heavy
So it is with a heavy heart I write this.
It is amazing isn’t it
How we go from strangers, to friends, to lovers to nothing.

I won’t feign happiness
For I am not overwhelmed in it as I once was.
My life is returning to the sea of pills and contorted blurring faces that I seek even a glimpse of you in.
I will never find you.
That’s alright.

I wondered how we were wrong about this life, making things right and upshowing the gods.
Showing them we would defeat their challenges and proving we would find our way back always.
Better then other humans, and kinder then the deities.

Silly naive sea nymph. To think she’d be an oceanic warriors first choice. To believe that Aphrodites heart that beat inside her would fail to break this time in the hands of ares after he promised to be gentle this time.

While I miss my friend though, my dearest one, I must remind myself consistently this is what he wanted.
What he chose.
A relationship with the woman he betrayed over the unconditional love I offered.
His short time with her over nearly a decade of adoration I offered.

I do not envy the raging sea in his mind and stomach now that I am absent. I offered a calm none can replicate now.

No more cycle now, no apology great or written could repair the damage he’s done.
This will be I dread the last I write of him.
But I’m sure that will please him greatly.

© 2020 Mistress of the moon


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

damn... we so seldom see behind our eyes that WE could ever be the unchosen one. and the dealing with it follows us and flavors all the memories.

Posted 4 Years Ago


I can definitely 100 Percent relate to this. Sometimes a page gets turned for some stupid insane reason. But that's ok. We just need to simply move on. And we can!

Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 4, 2020
Last Updated on February 4, 2020
Tags: Warrior, love, angst, poetry, metaphors

Author

Mistress of the moon
Mistress of the moon

PA



About
A new age Elvira, a young morticia, a humble goth girl with a want to write now and again. more..

Writing