Hidden Within The Shadows -Prologue-

Hidden Within The Shadows -Prologue-

A Story by SistersOftheMoon
"

The opening part to our story.

"

Hidden Within The Shadows

-Prologue-

We live within the darkness of your home. Everyday our world is filled with darkness, evil and shadows. The only light in our world is you. A human girl, living a human life. With human friends......and human    family. 

You call us "Shadow figures" because you cannot see our true selves clearly enough. That makes sense, after all, it is against the rules of the underworld for humans to see our true forms. You especially are not allowed to see our true selves, for it would mean the end of your mortal life. You would be pulled away       from the humans you love and hate and.... fear so much.

Fear.. Speaking of fear, why do you fear us now? 

When you were just a small child you enjoyed being surrounded by us. What could have changed it?        Changed you? 

We only wish to watch over you, to love you and protect you like the humans do. Is that such a bad     thing? Are we truly evil because we guarded you your whole life? 

What makes us so fearsome now? I promise you I have not changed and would never do such a thing as to bring harm to you. So, why do you scare away from the shadows?

Do you hate us now? Is this that stage of your human life where you wish not to have the power you     possess?Your powers are weakened now.... Are you pushing your powers away? Are you pushing us away? 

What have we done? What have we ever done to you to gain such resentment?! Humans... I hate them. I hate them so much I could devour them all! They are the cause of all this!

....No. I must not allow myself to become angry... You would then become even more scared of me.. I do not want that..

There you are, sleeping so peacefully, without a care in the world. Your hair has fallen over your face now. It will be a mess when you wake up and will be difficult to brush out. Let me take care of that for you.. 

Ahh, you've awoken from my touch? You've always been such a light sleeper. 

You have that scared look in your eyes again... Please, don't scream, please.. I will return to my place    in the shadows now if that will calm you down.. I am sorry to have frightened you once again...

--------------------

The young woman who laid in her bed, bolted up into a sitting position, breathing heavily as    she looked around; her voice shaky as she sat on her bed.

"Who is there? Show yourself! Just.. Please don't hurt me.."

She brought her hands up to her face, covering it as her fingers found   their way up into her brown hair. She took deep, shaky breathes as she   tried to calm herself.

She lowered her hands from her face, down onto her bed as her fingers    gripped her bedding.

"I .. Guess I was imagining things again.."

With a few shakes of her head, she pulled her hands back up from the bedding and into her hair; her fingers      brushing through.

After a few more breathes, she laid back down on her bed, head on her pillow.
She felt around for her blanket. Upon finding it she quickly yanked it over her head.

After a few moments, she found herself falling back into sleep...

--------------------

....You've fallen back to sleep so easily. Yet if I ever get close enough; you will awaken just as easily.     Just like always. Maybe it is because you are such a light sleeper..

I wish I could tell you that I am not your imagination, nor your enemy. I wish to tell you everything is    fine..that you are safe with us, but you can never hear my voice.. Or learn what I know.. After all, I have     nothing to say that you would ever want to listen to.. 

My voice will forever stay silent. I may not even have a voice to be silent with, but I still want to talk     with you.. I want a voice that can reach your ears. But sadly, if I did ever speak, I would not be able to stay around you any longer..

We can only watch from a distance, and a distance we must stay. You need your rest for tomorrow, so I will go now... Until next time..

--------------------

© 2014 SistersOftheMoon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Just gonna be the one to mention.."this looks better in our writing program". ;D


FEAR MY REVIEW!

Posted 10 Years Ago


SistersOftheMoon

10 Years Ago

You would. xD
Kaya Vhampire

10 Years Ago

That's what I'm here for.
SistersOftheMoon

10 Years Ago

But hey, at least on this site we can have the italics and what not!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

231 Views
1 Review
Added on January 5, 2014
Last Updated on January 5, 2014
Tags: Scared, Woman, Occult, Supernatural, Teenage, Protection, Haunting, Shadows, Young, Adult

Author

SistersOftheMoon
SistersOftheMoon

About
A joint account to upload collab stories more..