Dear Love,

Dear Love,

A Story by Tabbi

Dear love,      

    I know these past few years have been hard on you, but believe me I'm not alright either. I wish there was a way I could make it up to you, maybe a nice starlit dinner at the spot we first met and later where I proposed. But sadly that's not real anymore, as you know things got harder and we quit. Ever think about if we hadn't? I'm sure you'd light up and crumble all at once if I really was there to ask that. I know that we haven't heard from each other in about a year or two, so I don't know if you've moved on, and I know I have no business writing to you at all, but I'm hoping maybe, just maybe you miss me.

    I'm so sorry for everything I put you through, I've had a lot of time to think about things but I really can't bring myself to remember the bad. I instead remember the adorable way you twitch your nose when you think, or waking up next to you, or even how amazing our first four years were, and how hard we clung to us and our love. I'd hand deliver this and fix everything if I could, take you away and remind you what happy really is. You're probably wondering why I can't, or didn't, and well love, that's the hard part. Six months ago I was diagnosed with cancer and the doctors say I have a week at best. I know this is hard news regardless of if you hate me or not. I just wanted you to know from me rather than Allison or David.

    I just want you to know that I love you and always will. If you've made it through this year or two without me you can keep going on without me. I also want you to have the engagement ring I proposed to you with, yes I kept it, but just keep it to remember me and remember us, and I hope that you remember the good too instead of the bad. I also want you to find someone to make you happy, since I can't be around anymore.

    But if it's not too much to ask I want you to come see me before I die. I want your face to be the last thing I see.

    I love you and hope to see you soon.

                      Jack,

© 2012 Tabbi


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
Added on December 27, 2012
Last Updated on December 27, 2012
Tags: Letter, love, loss, marriage, engagement, cancer, death, pain

Author

Tabbi
Tabbi

Lakewood, CO



Writing
Curse Curse

A Poem by Tabbi