Mason

Mason

A Story by Morchantwen

Bang! Thud! Thud! Thud! Mason jumped. He peered cautiously out of his bed but the room was too dark to see anything. He squeezed his eyes tight and curled up into a ball. It was his second night there and it promised to be as terrifying as the first. At least he couldn't hear anything in the ceiling. .. yet. Crash! Mason stifled a squeal. It seemed to have come from downstairs. He hugged his teddy bear close. Thump. Thump. Thump. Mason cringed at the sound. What was that? He didn't know but he could imagine all kinds of horrid things. It reminded him of a story that he had once heard his mother tell about a great-uncle who had- No! He mustn't think about that right now or else he would scream. The thumping had stopped now, thank goodness. But he could still hear faint noises. Someone or something was down there. Creak, creak, creak. Mason let out a whimper. It was coming up the stairs. Creak, Creak, creak. It had reached the top. Now Mason could hear footsteps approaching. Squeak. Mason froze in fear. Was that his bedroom door? Scuffle, scuffle. He opened his eyes and stared into the darkness. It took a moment for his eyes to adjust to the dark and then... he saw it... a face... staring back at him. This was too much for Mason he nearly fainted fright.
"MUMMMY!"
 Mrs. Gladen rushed upstairs. She found her little son cowering under the blankets with his teddy.
 "What's the matter, dear?" she asked anxiously glancing around the room.
 "I saw a monster in my room," he sobbed.
 "Oh, honey," sighed Mrs. Gladen, "There aren't any monsters in here."
 But Mason didn't believe her, not for a moment. He didn't want to live in this house. He wanted to go back to his old home. Yes, it was a very old house and sometimes the roof had leaked but at least it didn't have terrifying creatures in it. At least it didn't have humans.

© 2017 Morchantwen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

*Welcome to "Pure Rhymes" Thanks for joining, great to have you...!*

The ending... As always... Humans are the worst of all the monsters...

A riveting tale spun in a unique fashion, with a more than unique twist.... Would hear more...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Morchantwen

6 Years Ago

Thank you!
Chase Dylan

6 Years Ago

Most welcome
Whoa, what a twist...great imagery! The descriptions were good, I could imagine that happening in front of me. Well written!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Morchantwen

6 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Zoya

6 Years Ago

No problem

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 26, 2017
Last Updated on March 26, 2017