They call him "Sorrow"

They call him "Sorrow"

A Poem by MoriartyMesa

Take a man, a simple man, any kind of man. You call him "Sorrow", every morning as sure as the sun will rise, as the sun will set, he sits on his corner just drinking ole Mississippi rye, and playing his old beat up six string. Dressed in rags of what was a second hand suit, third class hat and bargain basement shoes. But you still hear that sweat sound of his old six string, six blocks from the land mark of Equal Rights, just left of a street named after a state known for no sales tax.
That burboan burping man plays his sweet guitar like the harp of Saint Micheal, Saint George, and the inner circle of what ever Gods  angels. He plays his old broken and taped six string songs of generations past, a man who marched with King, X, and cried softly on his guitar when JFK waved for the last time. But he smiles, his breath smells of stale tobacco, cheap spirits, but his hand's have yet to fail him.

His voice sing's tales of a time long past, his words preach of a time so removed from our own it makes a person wonder actually how far we have come as humans. Questions that scare us, these who we call "Sorrow". Do we just ignore it, or do we stop and buy the man with the sweet sound, a cup of coffee and a hot meal?





I leave that up to you.

© 2013 MoriartyMesa


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Easily relate-able and the message is overt. Something I believe everyone as seen in their life. captured well if not a bit simple. It's good.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I wonder where he came from.... when did he become Sorrow. Life before Sorrow ? The talent of this man is hanging in there, for now anyway. Yes I would buy him a cup of coffee and a hot meal. This poem is full of emotion. I can almost feel his pain and sadness. Brilliant.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Dear MoriartyMesa,

This is a heart-felt piece, my friend, that deeply touched me. You have woven a potent poetic piece.

Greatly enjoyed, and highest marks! 97/100, and I am a very critical reviewer. This one is "up-there", My Friend!

Best regards,

Rick

Posted 11 Years Ago


You have a definite style that stands out in a good way ! Sounds like a blues man I talked to on Beale... although I think this is more L A..perhaps Riverside your talkin' about ..
Yes... coffee, a meal..and conversation...

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 15, 2013
Last Updated on January 15, 2013

Author

MoriartyMesa
MoriartyMesa

GONZOLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!, CA



About
I am back! And in the word's of someone i met at a bus station. I cant remember. more..

Writing